• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple Field Tick Box Filter

RMD27

Its be done to death I know. But honestly, how hard would it be to make (for me, impossible!) a tick box filter that sorts products according to specified fields in the product_description table (Im thinking compatibility with EP)

I know there are contributions that do something similar but the changes required are too much and the extras are unnecessary (for me)

Could there be a dedicated page where the filter is located and which uses the same template as product_listing, therefore keeping the code changes to one page or perhaps involving just the addition of code in a new page.

Just putting it out there. In my opinion that lack of a filter feature is a glaring omission and probably 1 of the main reasons stopping people from starting with OSC 

Regards

Someone willing to pay for such a contribution

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again. I checked it out. It seems like it is reinventing the wheel for no good reason. Having to manually set up the filters for example....

Im looking for something like a master filter which works in the same manner as "Auto Filter" in excel, ie the results narrow as you select a term from each column

You have your filters fields/columns in the product description table eg colour/car/size (for compatibility with EP)

Archived