• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Plugin calling tep_href_link - function not found

mattsc

I'm running the latest code as of 10/29/16 and am trying to install the paypal v3.2 module. I'm running into an issue however, in that it's calling function tep_href_link, and near as I can tell, that function doesn't seem to exist... well... anywhere anymore. I'm seeing references to it in the 2.2rc2a readme changelog, but a grep of the codebase can't find the function. I had to manually insert the osc_configuration parameters, or the paypal module completely failed to be loaded on the Legacy->Modules->Payment screen. Once I copy the 4 PayPal files into the respective target locations, I see the Install Module tab correctly increments by one (from default of 3 to 4) but then I hit the problem with the module at:
Call to undefined function tep_href_link() with /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php on line 980

of:
$test_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=payment&module=' . $this->code . '&action=install&subaction=conntest');

To fetch the code for my install I just did a get clone of the repo. I fetched the codebase for 2.3.4, 2.3.3,4, 2.2rc2a, and 2.2rc2 tags as well... recursive grep of those tags is also failing to find the tep_href_link function, so I'm completely baffled!

What am I missing here??? Has the function been renamed or deprecated?

It looks like you're using the latest development source code from out Github repository which is for v2.4.0beta.

This release series will not work with existing modules for v2.3.x - a compatibility module is planned though and will be release in a short while.

If you'd like to stick to the v2.4.0beta development code, try the latest source code from the PayPal App for v2.4 at https://github.com/haraldpdl/oscom2_app_paypal

:heart:, osCommerce