• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Year Make Model for Bootstrap Edge

I have started the process of converting this addon to work with bootstrap edge

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8590

I have started the conversion and at a point now where I am struggling.

Known errors so far.

1. Box module not displaying data in dropdowns

2. admin > categories has issues with deletion routine

3. when adding new data in categories.php all fields are filled in the database except 'products_car_part'

The files in the attached zip file are ready to drop into a clean install of BS Edge.

I have included a text file with the sql to run in your database.

* DO NOT DROP ONTO LIVE STORE OR ANYSTORE YOU DO NOT WANT TO BREAK OR HAVE MODIFIED *

Is anyone willing to help out with the errors and get this to a releasable addon.

Thanks

Mark

Year Make Model Bootstrap.zip

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have started the process of converting this addon to work with bootstrap edge

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8590

I have started the conversion and at a point now where I am struggling.

Known errors so far.

1. Box module not displaying data in dropdowns

2. admin > categories has issues with deletion routine

3. when adding new data in categories.php all fields are filled in the database except 'products_car_part'

4. When trying to add a new car YMM to a product which already has an existing YMM this error appears

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

delete from products_ymm where id in ()

[TEP STOP]

(delete checkbox is unchecked!)

The error with the box module is that line 36

$Make_Model_Year_query = tep_db_query("select distinct products_car_make from products_ymm where products_car_make != '' and  products_car_model != '' and products_car_part != '' and products_car_year_bof !=0 and products_car_year_eof != 0 order by products_car_make, products_car_model, products_car_year_bof, products_car_year_eof");

returns zero records (I have 2 records in the database). I added a value for products_car_part in the database for those two entries, and the first dropdown worked. Nothing for the others yet.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

To fix Error number 3, change line 293 in categories.php from

tep_db_query("insert into products_ymm set products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "', products_car_make = '".$products_car_make."', products_car_model = '".$products_car_model."', products_car_year_bof = $products_car_year_bof, products_car_year_eof = $products_car_year_eof ");

to

tep_db_query("insert into products_ymm set products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "', products_car_make = '" . $products_car_make . "', products_car_part = '" . $products_car_part . "', products_car_model = '" . $products_car_model . "', products_car_year_bof = '" . $products_car_year_bof . "', products_car_year_eof = '" . $products_car_year_eof . "'");

'products_car_part' will now be inserted.

4. When trying to add a new car YMM to a product which already has an existing YMM this error appears

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

delete from products_ymm where id in ()

[TEP STOP]

@@frankl

Thanks for having a look.

I have narrowed down the above error to these lines of code in admin>categories.php starting at line 258

if ($_POST['ymm_count'] > 0){

$i=1;

for($i=1;$i <= $_POST['ymm_count'];$i++){

if(isset($_POST['delete_ymm_'.$i]))
	          		$ids .= ($ids != '' ? ',' : '') . $_POST['delete_ymm_'.$i];

}

tep_db_query("delete from products_ymm where id in ($ids)");

}

now if you comment out the lines it works spot on.

Regarding the box it now defaults to 'BMW' and not 'Make'. It does fill the 'Model' field and then it stops working with no other drop downs filled.

post-256780-0-17528900-1477902873_thumb.png

@@PupStar

Did you ever got this addon running on any osC shop even non-BS?

I don't know this yansfung guy/girl but I know that Dunweb has converted some addons in the past that actually work.

Did you ever try to install the Dunweb version from 28 Mar 2012 from this following link?

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7835

If that one works in a "normal" 2.3.4 osC shop it will be lot easier to convert it instead of trying to figure out what doesn't work in the yansfung version.

Rule is always try to find a 100% running version and then convert to BS. BS usually needs only the visual part to be converted, the functions should be the same except for the FILENAME_ and other replaced instances from the EDGE version. The admin should have worked without big fus if it doesn't then the yansfung version was no good to begin with.

The SQL could be installed together with the module and the product info page change could be injected with a header tags module or hook.

Then the link to the application_top.php file is missing inside the ymmajax file therefore the tep_db_query function cannot be found.

@@Tsimi

Did you ever got this addon running on any osC shop even non-BS?

I don't know this yansfung guy/girl but I know that Dunweb has converted some addons in the past that actually work.

Did you ever try to install the Dunweb version from 28 Mar 2012 from this following link?

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7835

If that one works in a "normal" 2.3.4 osC shop it will be lot easier to convert it instead of trying to figure out what doesn't work in the yansfung version.

Rule is always try to find a 100% running version and then convert to BS. BS usually needs only the visual part to be converted, the functions should be the same except for the FILENAME_ and other replaced instances from the EDGE version. The admin should have worked without big fus if it doesn't then the yansfung version was no good to begin with.

I did have this running years ago on RC2.2

I am using the Dunweb version as all of the code is annotated by him

The SQL could be installed together with the module and the product info page change could be injected with a header tags module or hook.

still totaly lost on hooks lol

Then the link to the application_top.php file is missing inside the ymmajax file therefore the tep_db_query function cannot be found.

found this earlier and sorted it, thanks

Mark

@@frankl

Thanks for having a look.

I have narrowed down the above error to these lines of code in admin>categories.php starting at line 258

$i=1;

}

tep_db_query("delete from products_ymm where id in ($ids)");

}

now if you comment out the lines it works spot on.

Regarding the box it now defaults to 'BMW' and not 'Make'. It does fill the 'Model' field and then it stops working with no other drop downs filled.

I have managed to sort of resolve the delete issue by changing the above code to

$i=1;
	          }
	          tep_db_query("delete from products_ymm where id = '" . (int)$ids . "'");
          }

the only problem with this is it will only delete 1 row at a time from the database, if I check 2 boxes or more then the delete fails and does nothing.

@@PupStar

I've rewritten the delete code. This works for me.

Change

$i=1;
	          }
          }

to

if(isset($_POST['delete_ymm'])){
			$delete_ymm = $_POST['delete_ymm'];
			for($i=0;$i<count($_POST['delete_ymm']);$i++){
			$del_id = $delete_ymm[$i];
			tep_db_query("delete from products_ymm where id = '" . (int)$del_id . "'");
			}
		  }

Change

<input type="checkbox" name="delete_ymm_' . $r['id'].'" value="' . $r['id'] . '" ' . (isset($_POST['delete_ymm_' . $i]) && $_POST['delete_ymm_' . $i] ? 'checked' : '').'>

to

<input name="delete_ymm[]" type="checkbox" id="delete_ymm[]" value="' . $r['id'] . '">

As for the drop down lists in the box module, I will see what I can come up with.

@@PupStar

I've rewritten the delete code. This works for me.

Change

$i=1;
	          }
          }

to

if(isset($_POST['delete_ymm'])){
			$delete_ymm = $_POST['delete_ymm'];
			for($i=0;$i<count($_POST['delete_ymm']);$i++){
			$del_id = $delete_ymm[$i];
			tep_db_query("delete from products_ymm where id = '" . (int)$del_id . "'");
			}
		  }

Change

<input type="checkbox" name="delete_ymm_' . $r['id'].'" value="' . $r['id'] . '" ' . (isset($_POST['delete_ymm_' . $i]) && $_POST['delete_ymm_' . $i] ? 'checked' : '').'>

to

<input name="delete_ymm[]" type="checkbox" id="delete_ymm[]" value="' . $r['id'] . '">

As for the drop down lists in the box module, I will see what I can come up with.

@@frankl

cheers mate, I will have another look this evening as I have a full day at work today.

Thanks

Mark

@@frankl

I have reworked the product_info.php code for BS and also so that if there are no matches then it does not show the table , just replace the code

<?php
if (YMM_DISPLAY_DATA_ON_PRODUCT_INFO_PAGE == 'Yes'){
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] != ''){
  $q = tep_db_query("select * from products_ymm where products_id = ". (int) $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']);
   if (tep_db_num_rows($q) > 0) {
?>
<div class = "table-responsive">
  <div class="panel panel-default">
   <div class="panel-heading"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_CAR_HEADING; ?></div>
    <table class = "table table-bordered">
     <thead>
      <tr>
         <th><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_CAR_MAKE; ?></th>
         <th><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_CAR_MODEL; ?></th>
         <th><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_CAR_PART; ?></th>
         <th><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_CAR_YEARS; ?></th>
      </tr>
   </thead>
   <?php
      while ($r = tep_db_fetch_array($q)) {
       echo '<div id="ymmopt"><tbody><tr><td>' . ($r['products_car_make'] != '' ? $r['products_car_make'] : 'all') . '</td>
       <td>' . ($r['products_car_model'] != '' ? $r['products_car_model'] : 'all') . '</td>
       <td>' . ($r['products_car_part'] != '' ? $r['products_car_part'] : 'all') . '</td>
       <td>' . $r['products_car_year_bof'] . ' - ' . $r['products_car_year_eof'].'</td></tr></tbody></div>';
      }
   ?>
  </table>
 </div>
</div>
<?php
 }
}
?>
<div style="clear: both;"></div>
<?php
}
?>

@@PupStar

Nice.

Here is a box that works - was the form meant to direct to index.php?

tep_draw_form('make_model_year', $action, 'get')

The formatting also needs tidying up :)

@@frankl

it is meant to display the matching products using the product listing. I have given my code the once over and the problem is either in one of two places either in the index.php (which I think it is as I dont think I have coded that correctly) or in includes>modules>content>index_nested>cm_in_category_listing.php

The install instructions say this

9] index.php

9.a]

Find:

if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {

// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category

$category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);

for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);

if ($categories['total'] < 1) {

// do nothing, go through the loop

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");

break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in

}     

}     

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");

}

Replace with this:

//bof Year_Make_Model_Part Contribution v2.3.x by Dunweb Designs

if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {

// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category

$category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);

for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);

if ($categories['total'] < 1) {

// do nothing, go through the loop

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and " . (YMM_FILTER_CATEGORIES_LISTING == 'Yes' ? YMM_get_categories_where((int)$category_links[$i],$YMM_where) : '') . " c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");

break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in

}

}

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and " . (YMM_FILTER_CATEGORIES_LISTING == 'Yes' ? YMM_get_categories_where((int)$current_category_id,$YMM_where) : '') . " c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");

}

//eof Year_Make_Model_Part Contribution v2.3.x by Dunweb Designs

9.b]

Find:

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING);

?>

</div>

<?php

}

Add after:

//bof Year_Make_Model_Part Contribution v2.3.x by Dunweb Designs

elseif($_GET['Make'] || $_GET['Model'] || $_GET['Year']){

$define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,

'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,

'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,

'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,

'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,

'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,

'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,

'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();

reset($define_list);

while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {

if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;

}

$select_column_list = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {

switch ($column_list[$i]) {

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':

$select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':

$select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':

$select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':

$select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':

$select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':

$select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';

break;

}

}

if($current_category_id){

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where " . (YMM_FILTER_PRODUCT_LISTING == 'Yes' ? $YMM_where : '') . " p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";

}else{

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where " . (YMM_FILTER_PRODUCT_LISTING == 'Yes' ? $YMM_where : '') . " p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";

}

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!preg_match('/^[1-8][ad]$/', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {

if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {

$HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';

$listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";

break;

}

}

} else {

$sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);

$sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);

switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':

$listing_sql .= " order by p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':

$listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':

$listing_sql .= " order by m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':

$listing_sql .= " order by p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':

$listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':

$listing_sql .= " order by p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':

$listing_sql .= " order by final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

}

}

$catname = HEADING_TITLE;

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

$image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image, manufacturers_name as catname from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

$image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);

$catname = $image['catname'];

} elseif ($current_category_id) {

$image = tep_db_query("select c.categories_image, cd.categories_name as catname from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);

$catname = $image['catname'];

}

?>

<h1><?php echo $catname; ?></h1>

<div class="contentContainer">

<?php

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING);

echo '</div>';

//eof Year_Make_Model_Part Contribution v2.3.x by Dunweb Designs

@@frankl

I think I have got it woohoo!

try this new index.php and let me know your thoughts.

Mark

@@frankl

forget the last post and try this file instead

now the only issue that I can see is that if you click on a category in the categories box, if it has sub cats it displays fine however when you drill down to the product listing the layout is screwed up.

I have broke the <div> somewhere along the line urgh

index.php

@@frankl

I just fixed the cosmetics you did the tricky stuff my friend :thumbsup:

I will not go and try tackle the dropdowns to make them visually BS (w00t)

Not sure why dropdown 3 & 4 lose there formating when selecting 'Make'

Mark

Not sure why dropdown 3 & 4 lose there formating when selecting 'Make'

I think you will need to add some styling to the dropdowns in ymmajax.php?

@@frankl

I think you will need to add some styling to the dropdowns in ymmajax.php?

on it if I can stay awake tonight lol

Also I think the 'Go' button is redundant now and should go, what do you think?

I would like to know how to make the changes to admin/categories.php and index.php without touching core code. Is that even possible @burt?

me too :thumbsup:

@@PupStar

to fix drop down styling, in the javascript in bm_year_make_model.php find the instances of <select> and change

style=\"width: 100%\">

to

style=\"width: 100%\" class=\"form-control\">

@@PupStar

to fix drop down styling, in the javascript in bm_year_make_model.php find the instances of <select> and change

style=\"width: 100%\">

to

style=\"width: 100%\" class=\"form-control\">

@@frankl

blimey that was quick, I only went for a pee lol

Cheers

Archived