osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net AIM Problem - Just appeared

phi148

I noticed just recently I was getting these errors:

*** MD5 Hash Does Not Match ***
*** Order Total Does Not Match Transaction Total ***

Payments still go through.

I started looking into the order total problem and using print statements I found out that this was failing:

if ( $response['x_amount'] != $this->format_raw($order->info['total']) ) {
        $status[] = '*** Order Total Does Not Match Transaction Total ***';
      }

The "format_raw" function is always returning 0.00.  Even though I have a valid value in $order->info['total']

Any clue how this would happen?

// format prices without currency formatting
    function format_raw($number, $currency_code = '', $currency_value = '') {
      global $currencies, $currency;

if (empty($currency_code) || !$this->is_set($currency_code)) {
        $currency_code = $currency;
      }

if (empty($currency_value) || !is_numeric($currency_value)) {
        $currency_value = $currencies->currencies[$currency_code]['value'];
      }

return number_format(tep_round($number * $currency_value, $currencies->currencies[$currency_code]['decimal_places']), $currencies->currencies[$currency_code]['decimal_places'], '.', '');
    }

Ok, so I fixed this, but I have no idea how or why it just happened.  I found out the $order->info['total'] contained a dollar sign $.

This character bombed during the tep_round call.  So I did a simple string replace to fix it like so:

}

}

$number = str_replace('$', '', $number);

return number_format(tep_round($number * $currency_value, $currencies->currencies[$currency_code]['decimal_places']), $currencies->currencies[$currency_code]['decimal_places'], '.', '');
    }

How in the world did this just pop up... hmmm

Where are these errors showing up?  Meaning, your A.net emails or on your order confirmation page?

These show up on the order status in admin.

Anytime a customer places an order, you can view the details of the authorize.net transaction in the admin area of the store, in the order details.

These errors are not displayed to the customer, they act as a warning only.

They payments still go through.

I just don't understand why all of a sudden I have to remove a dollar sign character, when for the past 2 years I never had a problem.  I must of changed something, somewhere.

Edited by phi148

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response.  I modified my module and i don't use that in the stock way.  I also modified mine to output the actual A.net error like you see in the debug emails that are generated when there's a problem.  So, the user sees the real error.  I find it more helpful.

But, I don't see any problems like that anywhere.

Edited by John W

I'm not really a dog.

• 1 year later...

So in looking at this more, I think I know why this is happening.  Any order over 999.99, I believe has a "comma" in the amount like this:    $1,000

I think that comma is screwing up the calculations here.  I think the $order->info['total'] is containing a comma, therefore the MD5 hash doesn't match and I also get the order total not matching

if ( tep_not_null(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_CC_AIM_MD5_HASH) ) {
        if ( strtoupper($response['x_MD5_Hash']) == strtoupper(md5(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_CC_AIM_MD5_HASH . MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_CC_AIM_LOGIN_ID . $response['x_trans_id'] . $this->format_raw($order->info['total']))) ) {
          $status[] = 'MD5 Hash: Match';
        } else {
          $status[] = '*** MD5 Hash Does Not Match ***';
        }
      }

if ( $response['x_amount'] != $this->format_raw($order->info['total']) ) {
        $status[] = '*** Order Total Does Not Match Transaction Total ***';
      }

the "format_raw" function only removes the "$" but not the comma.

Edited by phi148

Actually, I think it should be removing the comma... I believe the code below should indeed do that.  So now I'm really confused on how this is only happening for totals over 999.99 .... hmm.  It still must be the comma somehow.  Looks like I need to add some print statements to know for sure.

}

}

$number = str_replace('$', '', $number);

}

Edited by phi148

@phi148 Bill is this happening with all orders over $1,000.  I don't remember ever noticing any warnings like your seeing but I'll take a quick look.  I assume you're seeing the messages in the comments area for the order status?

Dan

Just now, Dan Cole said:

@phi148 Bill is this happening with all orders over $1,000.  I don't remember ever noticing any warnings like your seeing but I'll take a quick look.  I assume you're seeing the messages in the comments area for the order status?

Dan

Yes, all orders over 999.99.   I had to remove the "$" and the "," symbols and now all is working.

However, I think the root cause is higher up in the admin/includes/classes/order.php

I don't think the

$order->info['total']

Should have ever been populated with anything other than numbers, but I imagine one of my various contributions inadvertently changed that. 

Bottom line, if you are not seeing the problem, then no need to worry about this thread :)

12 minutes ago, phi148 said:

Should have ever been populated with anything other than numbers, but I imagine one of my various contributions inadvertently changed that. 

That is probably a good bet....I checked a half a dozen orders over $1000.00 and there were no warning messages like those that you described so I don't think the problem is with the AIM module.

Dan

Just now, Dan Cole said:

That is probably a good bet....I checked a half a dozen orders over $1000.00 and there were no warning messages like those that you described so I don't think the problem is with the AIM module.

Dan

Good to hear, thanks for checking!