• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] "Index Nested - Product Listing" for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)

auzStar

Support Thread for "Index Nested - Product Listing" for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap)

Report problems here.

Feedback and comments appreciated.

Download link:
http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9514 

Easy module install.
(minor core change required using hooks)

This module applies to categories containing sub-categories (i.e. index -> nested), where currently only the sub-Category Listing and New Products module appear. Use this module when you would also like to list all-at-once the products within the sub-categories of the current category, therefore becoming a nested product listing (default behaviour is that no product listing appears in nested categories).

Demo (scroll down to see nested product listing):
http://www.auzcommerce.com.au/osc234bs_test/index.php?cPath=3

cheers

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just testing this addon, using BS Gold

The Activate Products to Nested Listing option appears not to work, which ever option I use, true/false, the result is the same, the sub-categories are expanded in the listing.

Any advise?

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

Hi

Just testing this addon, using BS Gold

The Activate Products to Nested Listing option appears not to work, which ever option I use, true/false, the result is the same, the sub-categories are expanded in the listing.

Any advise?

Mike

just to add to this, I'm using GOLD with hooks

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

@@Mikepo

Mike, first of all are you getting a product listing appearing when viewing a category that contains sub-categories, regardless of this setting?

If so, do you have products within the actual category being viewed (not just products in it's sub-categories)? The Activate Products to Nested Listing option is useful only in these scenarios i.e. when you have products in the current category and also products in it's sub-categories, where you may want to convert what is ultimately a product listing to a nested listing (some people may wish to use this feature so that the sub-category listing will still appear and also the products listing will be a combination of all the products). To test, place a product inside a top level category that has sub-categories and then view the difference when the Activate Products to Nested Listing option is off and then on.

let me know

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

@@auzStar,

I'm geting a listing of products within sub categories when the top categry has no products.

So, what I understand now this is the correct functionality.

Placing a product in the top category now gives me what I you describe. 

Thanks for explaining

cheers

Mike

• 10 months later...

¿This contribution includes the carousuel of new products, carousuel popular products the subcategory as a option to show and the option to list as a list or grid? I like that design but in the image inside your package you only put the arrow below the products, do you have the list of contributions that help you to do the whole desing show in http://www.auzcommerce.com.au/osc234bs_test/index.php?cPath=3

@Boogie

19 minutes ago, Boogie said:

¿This contribution includes the carousuel of new products, carousuel popular products the subcategory as a option to show and the option to list as a list or grid? I like that design but in the image inside your package you only put the arrow below the products, do you have the list of contributions that help you to do the whole desing show in http://www.auzcommerce.com.au/osc234bs_test/index.php?cPath=3

Hi there,

This add-on "Index Nested - Product Listing" allows you to display product listings on nested category pages. The New Products and Popular Products carousels are separate add-ons. The "Sub-Categories" drop down box is not available as an add-on yet.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 1 year later...

Hello Dominic

How to add to frozen version?

I tried but was not showing up?

Also this seems practical,  however is to keep showing all the sub categories instead of leading a customer to one sub category point.

If anyone done this on edge please let me know, thanks

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

• 4 months later...

Tried to install this add-on on Frozen but am getting this error:

Cannot declare class hook_shop_index_products_to_nested_listing, because the name is already in use

line in question is:

class hook_shop_index_products_to_nested_listing {

Checked the site to see if there's any other instance of the same class name and it's not duplicated anywhere...

Ah, the world wide web. What a wonderful place.