• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cant find where to update conditions

themrsweb

need to know where to update the boxes for conditions and shipping and ect. i have not been able to find since the upgrade to 2.3.4 i think thats what version i am using with out looking. do not know if it is in the admin area or in the files part either.

Through your files:

Shipping and Returns

public_html/shipping.php

Privacy Policy

public_html/privacy.php

Terms and Conditions

public_html/conditions.php

Through your admin:

Edit pages via Admin (shipping, conditions, privacy, and contact us)

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9191

FCK Edit shipping, conditions, privacy, contact us, index & about us pages from admin

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7255

Bill

Please pardon my mistake earlier, I was in a hurry and a little absent minded.

Through your files:

Shipping and Returns

public_html/includes/languages/english/shipping.php

Privacy Policy

public_html/includes/languages/english/privacy.php

Terms and Conditions

public_html/includes/languages/english/conditions.php

Through your admin:

Edit pages via Admin (shipping, conditions, privacy, and contact us)

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9191

FCK Edit shipping, conditions, privacy, contact us, index & about us pages from admin

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7255

Bill

Hello @@themrsweb,

You're close to it. Below is an example of what's in a new store Privacy Notice file. You need to put your information here: define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Put here your Privacy Notice information.');  Where it says 'Put here your Privacy Notice information.' is exactly where you put it. Right in between the qoutes. The quotes HAVE TO stay there and you go right in between them with your info. Once you save your info in that file, go to your site and refresh your page and it will appear.

Just above that where it says define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice'); and define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice'); you can change them to suit your need as well. You can put Privacy Policy, Privacy and Cookie Use Policies, Privacy Notice or whatever else you choose to call it. The NAVBAR_TITLE is the breadcrumb trail at the top of the page where yours says Top » Catalog » Privacy Notice. The 'HEADING_TITLE is the big black bold words that say Privacy Notice on your page towards the top. You go right in between the quotes on them as well.

public_html/includes/languages/english/privacy.php is the path and file location you need. With some shops the public_html is called catalog. People also refer to it as root directory or main directory. If you have more than one language to input, such as German or French, you would go to public_html/includes/languages/german/privacy.php and so on for each language.

All of the information so far pertains to the public_html/includes/languages/english/shipping.php, public_html/includes/languages/english/conditions.php and the public_html/includes/languages/english/contact_us.php files as well. In those perspective files, the below example is very close to what you''l find in them.

<?php
/*
  $Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Put here your Privacy Notice information.');
?>

Take care Victoria.

Bill

In your admin area go to tools - define languages and click that text. A new page will open that lists all the editable pages in your store. Click the page you want to edit using html and when completed just go to the bottom of the page and click save. I tried this on several pages withing a bootstrap store and it worked fine. I am sure that the same page will exist in a standard 2.3.4 version. There are lots of sites on the internet that will explain html, its not hard but fun to learn.

Just remember that it is better to save a copy of the file first so you have a backup if its needed.

In an ideal world you should use something like notepadd++ and something to upload the files from your computer to your hosts. Its so much easier and quicker. You also have a full backup of your files on your computer.

If you are just starting out in making your site, you may be better off using the community bootstrap version. Its the one everyone is designing addons for. There is a link to it in my signature.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@@14steve14

The option you've mentioned of going through the Define Languages in the admin is not something I have available in my admin and I use v2.3.4 BSr as well. Not a single includes/language/english files arrears in the list and, of what is available, it just refreshes the page when clicked. When I had an earlier version of osC I could do that but not now with v2.3.4. That's why I didn't mention it to her. She's using v2.3.4.

Bill

@@themrsweb TextMaster will let you edit the pages from admin but the better solution is to use one of the page maker addons since they allow you to add other pages as needed.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello @@themrsweb,

You're close to it. Below is an example of what's in a new store Privacy Notice file. You need to put your information here: define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Put here your Privacy Notice information.');  Where it says 'Put here your Privacy Notice information.' is exactly where you put it. Right in between the qoutes. The quotes HAVE TO stay there and you go right in between them with your info. Once you save your info in that file, go to your site and refresh your page and it will appear.

Just above that where it says define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice'); and define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice'); you can change them to suit your need as well. You can put Privacy Policy, Privacy and Cookie Use Policies, Privacy Notice or whatever else you choose to call it. The NAVBAR_TITLE is the breadcrumb trail at the top of the page where yours says Top » Catalog » Privacy Notice. The 'HEADING_TITLE is the big black bold words that say Privacy Notice on your page towards the top. You go right in between the quotes on them as well.

public_html/includes/languages/english/privacy.php is the path and file location you need. With some shops the public_html is called catalog. People also refer to it as root directory or main directory. If you have more than one language to input, such as German or French, you would go to public_html/includes/languages/german/privacy.php and so on for each language.

All of the information so far pertains to the public_html/includes/languages/english/shipping.php, public_html/includes/languages/english/conditions.php and the public_html/includes/languages/english/contact_us.php files as well. In those perspective files, the below example is very close to what you''l find in them.

<?php

/*

$Id$

*/

?>

Take care Victoria.

Bill

i have done that and it did not work properly i have refreshed the page even cleared my croche and it still says the same thing

@@themrsweb

We need to make sure which version of osC you're using. Please go into your admin. Once you're there, go to Tools and then go to Version Checker. Once you click on Version Checker you should see something similar to this "Version Checker     Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4".

If you do not have Version Checker, you can go to public_html/includes/application_top.php and search for "define('PROJECT_VERSION". Once you do that you should see something similar to this "define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3');".

Also could you please copy and post what is in your public_html/includes/languages/english/privacy.php file. You don't have to show your policy, I just need to see this part:

<?php
/*
  $Id$

*/

?>

When working with osC you should always use a plain text editor similar to notepad or notepadd++. Microsorft Word is not a good option for osC. If your using Windows on your computer, notepad should be installed on it. Notepad++ can be downloaded from the internet for free and they have a compare file plugin that works great for when you have to compare file before installing them. Notepad++ can be found here: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/.

Take care

Bill

• 5 months later...

If you are using v2.3.4  admin Tools Define Languages to edit these files (be sure to click source at the top of the edit page and check the to and bottom lines.  Your file could be getting extra information in this line <?php on the top of the source code.  It might show <?!--php if so you will need to remove the !--  and on the bottom where it should show ?> it might show ?--> you need to remove the dashes before saving your edited file.

I learned this the hard way and with the help of several knowledgeable gentlemen on another thread.  Good luck.

Lou Brown
Florida Panhandle USA

Archived