• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

BUG in PayPal Express - OsC 2.3.4

stefan21

Good day,

not quite sure, but I'd like to report a bug for the paypal express module.

Payment adress is overwritten with the shipping adress.

The result is seen in the confirmation email as well as in the customer order history.

All tested in the pp sandbox.

I'd like to know if anybody can confirm this. And if so, is there a solution or a workaround. As long as this is not fixed, I'm not able to run a shop with pp express.

I can provide any information needed to dive in this issue. If I'm wrong I'd like to know where to investigate.

Thank's for any reply,

stefan

Have a nice day Stefan,

I am affraid this is PP Express normal function. Use PP standard instead.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Customers can change their addresses. There are 6 built in address book place in standard osc installation by customers. Why do not they change it? Its a free function.

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Hmm, I tested in a sandbox a different payment and shipment adress. As I saw, PayPal comes always back with their adresses.

That means if a customer has a different PayPal adress, the shop-adress from the customer is going to be overwritten in the order and confirmation email. So the customer has to be told, that he has to write an additionol comment where he defines the billing adress.

Another point that I found out with PayPal Express is, that PayPal Express is not registering the products in the notifications for the seller and the buyer. You may check this in the PayPal Devel accounts. PayPal Standard does.

BUT - due to legal issues I have to attach a file to the confirmation email from the shop to the customer as well, with a specific text in this email.

This is possible (for me) in PayPal Express, BUT not in PayPal Standard.

I'd like to use PayPal Standard, but there MUST be a specific text in the confirmation email and a file has to be attached as well. I solved this for prepayment and PayPal Express already, but how can this be done for PayPal Standard?

Am I wrong?

O.k. finally I somehow could manage to (nearly) get what I need. Here's how it works. I would appreciate if anybody could point me in a more elegant way.

1. in the paypal_standard.php

// lets start with the email confirmation
      $email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n\n" .
                     EMAIL_TEXT_BODY . "\n" .
                     EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
                     EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $order_id . "\n" .
                     EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $order_id, 'SSL', false) . "\n" .
                     EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG) . "\n\n";
      if ($order->info['comments']) {
        $email_order .= tep_db_output($order->info['comments']) . "\n\n";
      }
      $email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PRODUCTS . "\n" .
                      EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
                      $products_ordered .
                      EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order_totals); $i<$n; $i++) {
        $email_order .= strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['title']) . ' ' . strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['text']) . "\n";
      }

if ($order->content_type != 'virtual') {
        $email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DELIVERY_ADDRESS . "\n" .
                        EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
                        tep_address_label($customer_id, $sendto, 0, '', "\n") . "\n";
      }

$email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_BILLING_ADDRESS . "\n" .
                      EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
                      tep_address_label($customer_id, $billto, 0, '', "\n") . "\n\n";

if (is_object($$payment)) {
        $email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PAYMENT_METHOD . "\n" .
                        EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n\n" .
                        EMAIL_TEXT_COMPANY . "\n";
        $payment_class = $$payment;
        $email_order .= $payment_class->title . "\n\n";
        if ($payment_class->email_footer) {
          $email_order .= $payment_class->email_footer . "\n\n";
        }
      }

and:

// tep_mail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
      $file = (DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . german . '/agb.pdf'); tep_mail_attach($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, $file, 'agb.pdf', 'application/pdf');

- which is surely quite beginner-like. Well, I'm not a programmer...

2.) in the checkout_process.php

// PayPal
define('EMAIL_TEXT_COMPANY', '
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

');

and:

define('EMAIL_TEXT_BODY', 'Vielen Dank für Ihre Bestellung!

blabla');

NOW - the only thing left is to display the articles in UTF8 for the view in PayPal Standard. And yes, I changed the buttons in the PP-website-config already in UTF8. And no, it's not working. At least not in my sandbox and for the location Germany.

I read and tried this from Gergely:

'item_name_1' => STORE_NAME,
'charset' => 'UTF-8',

That leads for me in:  "Could not verify the PayPal transaction. Please try again."

Any other ideas out there?

Edited by stefan21

Hmm, I tested in a sandbox a different payment and shipment adress. As I saw, PayPal comes always back with their adresses.

That means if a customer has a different PayPal adress, the shop-adress from the customer is going to be overwritten in the order and confirmation email. So the customer has to be told, that he has to write an additionol comment where he defines the billing adress.

Another point that I found out with PayPal Express is, that PayPal Express is not registering the products in the notifications for the seller and the buyer. You may check this in the PayPal Devel accounts. PayPal Standard does.

BUT - due to legal issues I have to attach a file to the confirmation email from the shop to the customer as well, with a specific text in this email.

This is possible (for me) in PayPal Express, BUT not in PayPal Standard.

I'd like to use PayPal Standard, but there MUST be a specific text in the confirmation email and a file has to be attached as well. I solved this for prepayment and PayPal Express already, but how can this be done for PayPal Standard?

Am I wrong?

The addresses are listed finaly on checkout_confirmation page where customers could check and modify them. This is the reason why not running into checkout_process when PP Express used.

PP Express offers a fast login after shopping cart where unregistered customers be able to to buy so this is the reason of Paypal defined addresses.

You are not wrong this is natural behaviour of modules.

@@stefan21

Have you setup your paypal account to utf8 standard?