• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer Orders Tab in Admin Orders (hook)

BrockleyJohn

@@ArtcoInc sorry Malcolm, I had included an earlier version of that file without the language fix. I have uploaded a new version of the package (1.4) with the correct file which should give you no problems.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• 5 months later...
Hi, Thank you for this very useful addon. A very trivial minor comment (doesn’t seem to affect anything) -

does: $base_url

used: in includes/modules/hooks/admin/orders_customer_tab.php line 64
         $tab_link = substr(tep_href_link('orders.php', tep_get_all_get_params()), strlen($base_url)) . '#section_customer_orders';

need to be included as a global in the function?

Many thanks

5 hours ago, trier said:
Hi, Thank you for this very useful addon. A very trivial minor comment (doesn’t seem to affect anything) -

does: $base_url

used: in includes/modules/hooks/admin/orders_customer_tab.php line 64
         $tab_link = substr(tep_href_link('orders.php', tep_get_all_get_params()), strlen($base_url)) . '#section_customer_orders';

need to be included as a global in the function?

Many thanks

Yes, you're right, Jimbo; if that was going to do something useful, it ought to be global. Since it works fine without it, it means the line is overcomplicated and could just read:

$tab_link = tep_href_link('orders.php', tep_get_all_get_params()) . '#section_customer_orders';

which is how it currently resolves. Source changed at this end - will be in an update if there is one.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

v1.5 uploaded to the apps area and my github

Fixes a bug spotted by @boelle where the tab text & link were being added to any bulleted list in the section - see attached image (Alle bestillinger is All Orders in Danish).

Also included is the code simplification from @trier

bugfix-sympton-v1.5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this very useful Orders Tab mod.  It installed very easily and works very well.  I added the following to what is displayed by default:

Order Number

CC Number (only last 4 digits)

Reason for these additions:

Order Number: For customers that have many orders with us they often refer to an order number or we are looking for order details by order number.

CC Number (only last 4 digits): This allows us to quickly see what credit cards have been used previously which assists us determine if there should be any credit card fraud concern.

These modifications were very simple due to this mod being so well written.  So, thank you!

REQUEST for a TAB mod for the Admin Notes mod.   We use the Admin Notes mod which allows us to keep order notes with the order which are not visible to the customer.  It would be very helpful to have this moved to a tab to write and see these notes.

Again, thank you for an excellent mod!

Ken

@kennyk glad you found it useful and straightforward. Exactly which Admin Notes mod are you using? I'll take a look when I've got time.

@BrockleyJohn, I'm using Admin Only Comments Box v1.2 on osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.  It is implemented on the "Status History" tab.  You can see below the Admin Comments text entry and Update and then the Admin Comments history with Date Added.  What I envision is an Admin Comments Tab in this format "Admin Comments (2)" where the (2) indicates two Admin Comments have been entered..  For example, if no admin comments have been entered the tab would be "Admin Comments (0)".  Having the number of comments on the tab would lead an admin to click on the tab to read them.  Zero would indicate no reason to take the time to look at the tab.  On the tab would have the Admin Comments text box and update button with the comments history under it.  Thanks for considering this mod.  Personally I think your Orders Tab and this Admin Comments w/ Tab should be core OSC technology.  Both are extremely useful.  Thanks again!

status-history.JPG

Edited by kennyk

• 6 months later...

I have just uploaded v1.6 with a small enhancement: the total number of orders placed by the customer is displayed in the tab title - see attached image.

1.6-total-orders-on-tab.jpg

• 1 year later...

@BrockleyJohn @14steve14

Thanks,

I was actually looking for something like this as important to see if customer has previously ordered or not.

Works perfectly.

Would be great to see as part of core.

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here