burt

Addons

70 posts in this topic

I think it does if the product has no attribute quantities though, so may work for 1 off items on the site, which would still be helpful.

Yes, anything that uses the default stock system;

products_quantity

that would work.

1 person likes this

#11 - key system. Great idea, easy installation. Paid for itself already. 50 reviews three hours after installing and sending emails. Well done.

I should also mention another great benefit from #11 - key system is that after some people leave a review they decide to make a purchase.

@@crimble crumble thank you for the feedback.  I consider the Key system to be a game changing addon for both shopowners (more reviews, more google goodness) and for shoppers (easier to make an action at your site).  I'm very taken with this module, and have plans to extend it out into a passwordless login system (but that's off in the future somewhere)...

6 people like this

#11 - Key System

If any of you have been putting this off, don't. 

If any of you are unaware of this code, read http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/410262-addons/#entry1750787 and http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/410262-addons/page-2#entry1751415

• Installation is seamless
  • System is intuitive
  • Clean and flexible Customer interface
  • Reviews will flow in

Simply, get it you wont regret it.

2 people like this

@@marcello

I agree the key system is money well spent.  It will get extra exposure, which gets extra sales.  Sales make the world go round!

1 person likes this

@@marcello, could not add any more to this, keys rule!

1 person likes this

Thanks guys, appreciate your feedback (and emails about potential changes/additions/betterments). 

@@burt what I'd love with the key system is for the email that gets sent out to be in the languages in admin, so it can be quickly and easily edited. That way, we could send out different messages, current promotion codes or other things quickly and easily with a batch of keys.

@@burt what I'd love with the key system is for the email that gets sent out to be in the languages in admin, so it can be quickly and easily edited. That way, we could send out different messages, current promotion codes or other things quickly and easily with a batch of keys.

It is in the language file of the order_key page.  

The only use of this (as written) is the reviews system, but it could potentially be extended should anyone need it.  

That would obviously be quite some coding time/effort.

Hi Burt, I just meant if the file itself was editable from admin so the email message could be changed regularly. I really do love the addon, I had 4 reviews, now I have more than 30.

It's in the language file, which is where it should be.  

Shop Side language files can be edited via admin > define languages or changed manually (eg via FTP)

Admin Side language files are manually changed (eg via FTP).

I have no plans to change that functionality in osCommerce, it is nothing to do with the Addon.

Posted (edited)

#17 - Slider System

This is a CONTENT MODULE for the Index page (shop side)

There is also a link module to add a link into the Tools Box (admin side)

And a new page for adding in Slider Items (admin side)

Good for:
Gold and Edge

NO CORE CHANGES.

Read More:
http://www.clubosc.com/easy-slider-for-index-page.html

Donation Amount:

£5 (first 10), then I will up the price a little bit [to cover my time in making the system]

Donate - donations are anonymous and are made via Paypal, please note #17 or "Slider System" on the Paypal note, thanks.

Questions? PM me or Email me.
Need Support: PM me or Email me.

Thank You.

Edited by burt
1 person likes this

@@burt

#17 - Slider System, this is a great addon, gives the ability to promote products/change promotions on a daily basis.

The slider allows as many as you wish to display with the number displayed to suit your grid size.

Highly recommended addon, and so simple to install, just drop the files in and switch on :)

Mike

1 person likes this

#11 - Key System

Good for Community Responsive Edge/Gold

Read More:

http://www.clubosc.com/getting-reviews-is-easy-when-you-make-it-easy.html

Donation Amount:

£20.00 - DONATIONS ARE ANONYMOUS IF YOU WANT THEM TO BE!

Please mention #11 or "Key System" on the Paypal Note...

Questions or need support etc? Thinking of customised changes etc

PM me or Email me.

THANK YOU

A few shopowners already have this...this is the system of randomised key which allows shopper to leave reviews without logging in.

I have been using the key system for a few weeks now and I am very happy with it so far. I have added some hooks to automate most of the processes, changed the email to an html email with admin configuration options for altering the looks of the email, and I have added a cron job to run the review emails automatically for me based on configuration options set in the admin.

Finally I can get away from the mailbeez review system.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

And Matt has given me permission to share his code with everyone who has the Key System - a big thankyou and thumbsup to Matt.

I first have to test Matts code, and will then get the code distributed.

THANK YOU and THUMBS UP to Matt!

Edited by burt
6 people like this

Yes, for sure.  I consider the Key System a game changer as it is now.  

With what Matt's code can add into it..."shopowners would be incredibly foolish not to make use of it".

Will be testing Matts changes to destruction over the coming days and will then get the changes distributed to those who have the system.

3 people like this

I think it's especially important as google seems to index the review page INSTEAD of the product page with the bootstrap version. I was finding it very frustrating because the site is relatively new and had no reviews, now it's gaining reviews, so it's been great for that!