• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Alternatives to PayPal for Payment

aviscat

Using osCommerce 2.3.4 BS

I installed the PayPal app and got it working in Sandbox mode for transactions on the computer but when using it on a mobile device it doesn't work. I have researched and tried all suggestions but can't get it to process the payment successfully on my cell phone.

Any recommendations for credit card processing other than PayJunction? They won't give my client an account.

Looking at Sage Pay. Is it easy to install and will it work on mobile devices?

• 4 months later...

What happens with paypal app when you try it in real time, and not sandbox. I dont think there have been lots of posts to say that it doesnt work or that there are problems with the app so you may have to check your install. My site uses the app and as far as I am aware it is working at it should. No complaints from any customers.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I gave up on the sandbox testing, just installed in the app, and checked the payment process using an alternative paypal account.  Works ok, and no issues either. works on mobile too!

Regards

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, everyone! I have a problem with paypal. I contacted the customer service.. but waiting for the reply already for 2 weeks. I saw here some alternatives. may ask for more feedback, please? Are these alternatives secure? May I use my debit card?

• 4 months later...
On 8.09.2017 г. at 4:07 PM, flora7 said:

Hi, everyone! I have a problem with paypal. I contacted the customer service.. but waiting for the reply already for 2 weeks. I saw here some alternatives. may ask for more feedback, please? Are these alternatives secure? May I use my debit card?

Google Wallet or WePay. My partner is using Google Wallet and said that it does the same job as PayPal. Maybe you should try that one

I haven't had much experience with alternatives because I am a fan of PayPal. However, I also heard that a good alternative is Payoneer, it works in a majority of countries worldwide but is only effective for Credit card users, so I don't know to what extent it will be helpful for you. If this platform is not a suitable one you can find more information on this piece, where some comparisons of several alternatives can be seen. There is only one option for a debit card and it is Skrill, has anyone heard some more info on this system? :huh:

Archived