Hello

I've a website in the version v2.2 RC2a but I need to update it 2.3.4bs (making it responsive otherwise can lose ranking in Google and also it was more advantages for mobiles).

My problem is to import the database as I got a lot of clientes and products. I've seen a lot of posts talking about the updates but can't put it working.

The new version is installed but the problem is the database. Which is the best way I can import it correcly?

If someone could help me importing the values to the new version that would be awesome.

There is an addon somewhere that will change the tables in the database but I have no idea what it is called.

If you have lots of addons and seo stuff already in your site it may pay to get professional help with doing this. I did and it was no where near as expensive as I thought it would be. Post in the paid for help section and see what you get back. Its an easy job for a coder.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

There is a link in the README.md file that goes to a bunch of SQL calls that transforms an old DB into a DB capable of running the Community Responsive.  That can help to simplify things.

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

@@14steve14 I've tried those scripts but don't work.

@@burt I've a template that seems nothing to do with 2.3.4bs.

I've purchased a template from a template vendor that is not a commercial partner.

If I try to import database from 2.2RC2a I got errors. If I try to import only products or customers it uploads but still getting errors..

The problem is that the author of the template don't answer to my tickets. I've to use old database but I can't modify it correctly. Any suggestions to fix this?

Edited by burt
removed link to template vendor

The template you bought is nothing to do with osCommerce, so all support needs to be at the template provider.

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

When you are uploading the database or the tables, are you checking that the tables contain the same columns. This is why I said you may be better off getting someone that knows what they are doing to get it sorted.

If you have checked the columns for each table match, then what errors are you getting.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

Hi Andre,

Like has been stated, your old database is most likely modified from the template you had installed. I would suggest to compare the table components for the customers info and products that you want to keep from old database to weed out those from template that are the issue causing errors. Of course make Back Up of all files somewhere safe before making any changes! If you set up a new 2.3.4 BS website and let it fill in the database with the demo info you will then be able to take that new database and compare the tables of the things you need brought over to make sure that there is no extra columns, etc that were added for the template you installed on old one.