• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

problem with preg_replace in phpmailer

tirin

Hi

I have a problem in class.phpmailer.php because the use of /e modifier is deprecated for function preg_replace. The error says that i need change for preg_replace_callback function, but i cant get it ok.

Now i have changed the code and delete de e modifier for dont have errors but i dont know the correct way to change the code for using the preg_replace_callback function.

Someone can say me how i change this code for use the preg_replace_callback function??

$encoded = preg_replace("/([^A-Za-z0-9!*+\/ -])/e", "'='.sprintf('%02X', ord('\\1'))", $encoded);

if y change directly the function the page return an error in argument number 2..

$encoded = preg_replace_callback("/([^A-Za-z0-9!*+\/ -])/e", "'='.sprintf('%02X', ord('\\1'))", $encoded);

thank you

Thank you

I change my code and at the moment dont returns error when the web send emails.

Can you confirm that the change is correcT???

Thank you

Sorry for my english

case 'phrase':
       // $encoded = preg_replace("/([^A-Za-z0-9!*+\/ -])/e", "'='.sprintf('%02X', ord('\\1'))", $encoded);       
       //$encoded = preg_replace("/([^A-Za-z0-9!*+\/ -])/", "'='.sprintf('%02X', ord('\\1'))", $encoded);
       $regex="/([^A-Za-z0-9!*+\/ -])/";
       $stuff="'='.sprintf('%02X', ord('\\1'))";
       $encoded = preg_replace_callback($regex, function ($match) {
           return $stuff;
       }, $encoded);
        break;
      case 'comment':
       // $encoded = preg_replace("/([\(\)\"])/e", "'='.sprintf('%02X', ord('\\1'))", $encoded);
       $regex="/([\(\)\"])/";
       $encoded= preg_replace_callback($regex, function ($match) {
           return $stuff;
       }, $encoded);

case 'text':
      default:
        // Replace every high ascii, control =, ? and _ characters
        //TODO using /e (equivalent to eval()) is probably not a good idea
      //  $encoded = preg_replace('/([\000-\011\013\014\016-\037\075\077\137\177-\377])/e',
        //      "'='.sprintf('%02X', ord('\\1'))", $encoded);
        $regex="/([\000-\011\013\014\016-\037\075\077\137\177-\377])/";

$encoded =preg_replace_callback($regex, function ($match) {
           return $stuff;
       }, $encoded);
        break;
    }

I suspect it's not correct, but not being all that familiar with the usage of preg_replace_callback(), I can't tell you for sure. I suggest you go back to that page and follow some of the side links for other similar questions and answers and discussion. For instance, you use $match, but where is it set? $stuff is defined outside this section, but is it used within the function?

You might feed your code a given input, and see if it comes up with the expected output. Or, if this code is from an older version of osC, you might grab the current (2.3.4BS) version to see what it has been updated to.

Archived