Latest News: (loading..)

32 minutes ago, bruyndoncx said:

So there is someone with the knowledge and drive to take this further based on 2.4 , from a far meeting pretty much a lot of the. requirements for a preferred solution, and put a load of information on github. 

100% agree. 

• The work is fantastic and a leap forward.
  • The method of promotion of it was not good, that's all.

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

Please don't put the moderating team into a difficult position...that is all I ask. 

What you believe you see (me going around deleting multiple posts and threads) is not what is actually happening...posts and threads can be and are deleted by any of about 15 people.

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

10 minutes ago, burt said:

Please don't put the moderating team into a difficult position...that is all I ask.

Sure not a problem will be on best behaviour, all I ask is you do the same.

I will not post any links to the 2.4 test site on this form I can promise you, unless of course the rules change.

Edited by JcMagpie

4 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

Sure not a problem will be on best behaviour, all I ask is you do the same.

I will not post any links to the 2.4 test site on this form I can promise you, unless of course the rules change.

You can post a link to your 2.4 test site, no one is stopping you from doing that.

It is the Forked Software (if using a Forked 2.4) that you cannot link to.  The reason for this is three-fold;

1. it does not confuse users of official 2.4 tree
  2. it does not confuse users of the official 2.3 tree or quasi-official Frozen tree
  3. this 2.4 forum is kept clean for an eventual 2.4 release (which may bear little/no resemblance to the forked 2.4)

We are all confused enough, no need to add in more confusion.

1 hour ago, burt said:

The thread to which you refer was removed (not by me) due to abusive comments from two
members of this forum, both of whom should know better!

I dealt with/deleted the slider for both this reason and at the request of one of the authors of the posts that got a bit out of hand.

Personal digs and attacks are not at all helpful and are in violation of the forum rules.  Let's all take a deep breath before saving those posts and be respectful to each other.  It makes for a much better community.

Dan

That's fine Dan but with no feedback it just causes confusion! That was the second thread on the subject to be removed!  Personal digs, this is nothing new you only have to look back in time to see what was going on before and much of it amongst the team! So fine then moving forward the rules need to apply to everyone, for me consider the subject closed.:thumbsup:

On another matter you may find this interesting

http://srchulo.com/jquery_plugins/jquery_facets.html

6 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

That's fine Dan but with no feedback it just causes confusion! That was the second thread on the subject to be removed!  Personal digs, this is nothing new you only have to look back in time to see what was going on before and much of it amongst the team! So fine then moving forward the rules need to apply to everyone, for me consider the subject closed.:thumbsup:

I'm hoping that we've covered this often enough recently we'll not have to deal with it again anytime soon.  I don't know about the other moderators but I'll certainly be less forgiving of this behavior on a going forward basis.

6 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

On another matter you may find this interesting

http://srchulo.com/jquery_plugins/jquery_facets.html

Thanks for that Zahid...I found a few similar packages as I was researching this.  I'm guessing that something like this was used in the add-on we were discussing.

Dan

On 10/13/2018 at 11:37 PM, JcMagpie said:

Nope 2.4 it's alive and kicking. Just not allowed on this forum.

As always I'm in the fog...can someone PM me the link to the forked repo on github? I would luv to hv a look...thx!

3 minutes ago, clustersolutions said:

As always I'm in the fog...can someone PM me the link to the forked repo on github? I would luv to hv a look...thx!

+1

12 hours ago, azpro said:

can you send me the link to the github by pm ?

thanks eric

On 10/14/2018 at 1:13 PM, JcMagpie said:

Will be setting up a test site shortly so people can see the progress made

Well things just don’t turn out as you expect! Did a full install of the fork and was very happy with results but once again due to the issues most are aware of was not able to keep it live as objections were made to the website it was being hosted on. Not wanting to get involved in what is clearly still an open sore I have removed the 2.4 fork until things are less hmmm. Well its gone!

Still not to worry plenty of other code to be looked at as lots of people doing amazing work on ecarts. I stumbled across what I can only say is one of the smoothest ecart installs I have done in a long time.

Fully responsive and with an amazing simple install it just worked from the off.

Early days yet but from what I have seen it’s everything and more of what people have been crying out for on oscommerce.

I have installed in on my test website you can access it from a link within if interested in checking it out. It's open source as well.

image.thumb.png.cbf488e926faf0e7c29fe8d65d79ae39.png

image.thumb.png.094eed6ca81ee9a57354255ff8f6b654.png

1 hour ago, JcMagpie said:

was not able to keep it live as objections were made to the website it was being hosted on. 

I re-iterate;

On 10/14/2018 at 1:40 PM, burt said:

You can post a link to your 2.4 test site, no one is stopping you from doing that.

So, go ahead.  Why not?  Who's stopping you?