• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Blank pages

robster2

@@robster2

What osc version do you use? What php version is running on you site?

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

No significant changes? What have you done since it was working correctly? It could be as simple as botching the editing process on one or more files, leaving a blank line before the opening <?php or after the closing ?>. That should give you a 500 error in your system error log, if you haven't looked there yet.

Go into your hosting control panel and look at the "last modified" timestamps, to see if someone has been making unauthorized changes. This could include your host, if they are going through "cleaning up" what they feel to be vulnerable or hacked code. I've seen this happen with even a well-meaning and usually competent host. Restore to a good backup. I run a semiweekly ls -laR on my site and compare listings to find timestamp and size changes, to try to catch such hacks.

It's unlikely, but still possible, that your host upgraded PHP version or something, and either botched it or you have old osC code that stopped working with the upgrade. Ask your host what they've done lately on your server.

Im getting this error on the blank pages: 

Warning: SQLiteDatabase::query(): no such table: usu_cache in /hosting/www/xxxx.com/www/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php on line 301 Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch() on a non-object in /hosting/www/xxxx.com/www/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php on line 302

When I turn ultimate Seo Urls 5 pages are working. The usu_cache is in the DB.. tried with an older application_top page from a backup without luck.

All I have done before it went down was to upload products and change deign stuff on index and product_info but they are working fine. I use v 2,2 rc2a on this site.and php version 5,3,29

You're using SQLite with osC 2.2? That sounds like you've done quite a bit of code modification! Needless to say, osC 2.2 rc2a is positively ancient, and modern PHP versions will break it unless you do a lot of fixes to the code. Even PHP 5.3 is going to start causing problems, and that itself is pretty much obsolete. Are you sure that your host hasn't updated PHP to 5.4 or higher, maybe while you weren't looking?

If you are, in fact, running osC 2.2, I would suggest you immediately start the process of migrating your data to a fresh 2.3.4BS installation. Even having to drag your custom code changes over and find updated add-ons will probably be better for you in the long run, than trying to keep an ancient code base like 2.2 alive. So long as you're in the habit of keeping detailed notes on how and why you made some code change, future upgrades should not be too painful. Good luck and best wishes!

Archived