• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

index.php page has stopped loading

dculley

I'm running 2.3.4 with BS

This morning all was fine.  Received a notice from Godaddy.com that my SSL was renewed.  Went to the site and clicked on the seal and all was fine.  This afternoon I get a call that the the top of the site is there but the bottom part is not. 

Please go to my site and look.  lbgdecor.com.

The logo and top portion is there.  The banner is suppose to be sliding and that has stopped.  Going left to right - You can click on Home, nothing happens.  Then click on shop, still nothing.  Then categories, nothing happens.  Click on my account it works.  Click on contact us and it works.  Now if you go back to the right, click on categories, it works - click on shop it works.  But just as you click on home - blank.

The only change to the site was adding Hearder Tags SEO.  It seemed that after Thursday it was finally up and running without any hick ups.  All seemed to be working.  Until this moment.  

I'm at a lost to what could have changed. 

My team uploaded a lot of new items today.  But I don't see what that would have to do with it.  But at the moment I'm clue less.  I have no idea what I'm looking at or what I should be looking for. 

Reaching out for help.

I just noticed one more thing.  When I clicked on "shop" (after clicking on my account) the "new products" it comes up blank.  No there has been no mod's to that file.  So I don't understand.  But seems to be linked to the index problem.

Did anyone make some changes recently? Looking at the page source in my browser, I see that part way through the body of the page, something inserted new DOCTYPE, HTML, and HEAD statements (for old XHTML 1.0). It seems to be trying to define a favicon (but in the wrong place). Then there is some more of the body, and then it seems to be cut off in the middle. There are no end of BODY or end of HTML statements, either. Maybe that will give you an idea of where to start looking.

The content Phil mentioned is right after your carousel. Perhaps a TEXT MAIN entry?

Also check your site error log. It looks like there is a silent error that is blocking the rest of the page from loading.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

@@dculley

Just from viewing the source I see a pretty decent issue around line 135 of view-source:

<div class="body-sans-header clearfix">

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en">
<head>
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/images/favicon.ico">
</head>

<div id="bodyContent" class="col-md-8 col-md-push-2">

Have you messed with any content modules or any other modules?

Matt

@@MrPhil @@kymation

Hi guys thanks for helping.  I'm no closer to solving the mastery.  I have taken out the modified index.php, the products_info.php and the products_new.php.  Only the index and the products info was modified with SEO.  I restored the original files and same thing happens.  So I have put the 3 modified files back up.  All was working this morning.  And there have no mod's down since we finished the Header Tags SEO Thursday.  The only thing that appened this morning is the auto renewing of my SSL.  I did check the site and clicked on the ssl logo to see if it was running and it was all look okay then. 

What other files could it be in?  Or let me know what fill to insert so you can review it. 

I have Cpanel, tied to find the log file.  I guess I don't know where to look, sorry. 

Hi Matt

I haven't done anything else as I mentioned above.    What do you see as an issue? And what file did you pull that code from?  I didn't see it in the index.php file.  It has been so long since I added the favicon.ico that I don't remember the file. 

@@kymation

error log if found in the top directory

[05-Jul-2016 21:39:32 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  include(includes/modules/boxes/templates/best_sellers.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ladybug3597/public_html/includes/modules/boxes/bm_best_sellers.php on line 50
[05-Jul-2016 21:39:32 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  include(includes/modules/boxes/templates/best_sellers.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ladybug3597/public_html/includes/modules/boxes/bm_best_sellers.php on line 50
[05-Jul-2016 21:39:32 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/boxes/templates/best_sellers.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ladybug3597/public_html/includes/modules/boxes/bm_best_sellers.php on line 50
[05-Jul-2016 21:39:32 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  include(includes/modules/boxes/templates/site_seal.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ladybug3597/public_html/includes/modules/boxes/bm_site_seal.php on line 37
[05-Jul-2016 21:39:32 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  include(includes/modules/boxes/templates/site_seal.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ladybug3597/public_html/includes/modules/boxes/bm_site_seal.php on line 37
[05-Jul-2016 21:39:32 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/boxes/templates/site_seal.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ladybug3597/public_html/includes/modules/boxes/bm_site_seal.php on line 37

Does this help

If that's all there is in the log, then it's no help. All of those errors are from weeks ago.

If you've been hacked, they did a really bad job of it. Go look for files with newer dates than they should be -- like today. Replace anything that looks suspicious. You should have a good backup of all of your files to replace them with.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

Thanks Jim,  I was getting the same feeling.  I have enough backups to chock a horse.  I will start on them in the morning.  I will replace files and see what happens.  The one from the 25th should do the trick I hope. 

Thanks again.  Will let you know.

Dean

Hi Matt

I haven't done anything else as I mentioned above.    What do you see as an issue? And what file did you pull that code from?  I didn't see it in the index.php file.  It has been so long since I added the favicon.ico that I don't remember the file. 

I just viewed your index.php source and found that. It seems that maybe an additional page including template_top code or something similar is being included. It appears to be from a different version of osC too.

@@dculley

Just from viewing the source I see a pretty decent issue around line 135 of view-source:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head>
</head>

<div id="bodyContent" class="col-md-8 col-md-push-2">

Have you messed with any content modules or any other modules?

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"dir="ltr" lang="en">

<head>

</head>

The part in red should not be where it is in the document. In fact it has no business being on your version of osC anyway.

Matt

@@kymation

I have the site back up.  I replaced all the files but images, being my inventory dept just added a bunch of new ones.  Kept going around and getting the same results.  Finlay I went back to my back up before SEO, and tried again, reinstall all but the images.  Same thing.  So then I decided to blow the image file and reinstall it from be for they added the new images.  Bang the site is back up.  

Reloaded the backup from where I had it Saturday morning w/SEO and all is running.  Now we just have to find what image's took it down.  Strange right. 

@@mattjt83

Matt is telling me that I should remove

I just viewed your index.php source and found that. It seems that maybe an additional page including template_top code or something similar is being included. It appears to be from a different version of osC too.

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"dir="ltr" lang="en">
<head>
</head>

The part in red should not be where it is in the document. In fact it has no business being on your version of osC anyway.

That code is a carry over for sure.  What replaced it?  And how do I correct it? 

Thanks for everything

Dean

@@dculley

what code is found before this last line in template_top.php?

<div id="bodyContent" class="col-md-<?php echo $oscTemplate->getGridContentWidth(); ?> <?php echo ($oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_left') ? 'col-md-push-' . $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth() : ''); ?>">

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@Gergely

hope this is what you want to see.

<?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('navigation'); ?>

<div id="bodyWrapper" class="<?php echo BOOTSTRAP_CONTAINER; ?>">
    <div class="row">

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<div id="bodyContent" class="col-md-<?php echo $oscTemplate->getGridContentWidth(); ?> <?php echo ($oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_left') ? 'col-md-push-' . $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth() : ''); ?>">

ok

and what is in the header.php?

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@Gergely  This

<?php
/*
  $Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>

<div class="modular-header">
  <?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('header'); ?>
</div>

<div class="clearfix"></div>

<?php
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {
?>
<div class="col-xs-12">
  <div class="alert alert-danger">
    <a href="#" class="close glyphicon glyphicon-remove" data-dismiss="alert"></a>
    <?php echo htmlspecialchars(stripslashes(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']))); ?>
  </div>
</div>
<?php
  }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message'])) {
?>
<div class="col-xs-12">
  <div class="alert alert-info">
    <a href="#" class="close glyphicon glyphicon-remove" data-dismiss="alert"></a>
    <?php echo htmlspecialchars(stripslashes(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']))); ?>
  </div>
</div>
<?php
  }
?>

<head>
</head>

The last five lines don't belong in that file. Delete them. Then go look through your backups to see when they were added. If you didn't add them it was a hack.

Also check your images directory for non-image files. Hackers like to hide things there.

Regards

Jim

The favicon link is a header tag, so put it in with the rest of the tags in includes/template_top.php. Anywhere between <head> and </head> is fine.

Regards

Jim

Archived