• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Embed email address into a button

RichSM

Hello,

I need help on a V2.2 RC2a.

I will like to take my customers to a survey page (survey.php is also within the oscommerce catalog dir) when they press on the “continue button” in checkout_success.php. Preferably, I will like to embed their names and email addresses in the “continue button” to be passed on to the “name” and “email address” questions on survey.php.

This is the "continue button" code in checkout_success.php (usually it takes you to index.php)

<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?> </td>

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

RichSM

• 4 weeks later...

If you need to POST to survey.php, the other functions that you need are probably tep_draw_form and tep_draw_hidden_field.  You also may have to load the customer data to get the email and name. 

Hopefully that will give you a bit more with which to work. 

Always back up before making changes.

I'd suggest doing all of this on the survey page itself - getting the info from the logged in customer and redirecting to the logon / create account page if they aren't logged on. That way you can use the survey from other directions too, eg a link in an email.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Archived