The e-commerce.

Breadcrumb - SEO Breadcrumb Override?

Hello,

When I create a new product, I see that:

Products Title for SEO:
Replaces the product name in the <title> Meta Element
and optionally in the Breadcrumb Trail.
Leave blank to default to product name.

I understand that if I have empty, the breadcrumb (with SEO Breadcrumb Override activated) must show the product name, it's that correct?

Because, If I left the Products Title for SEO empty, When I access again to the product this input it's empty, and the breadcrumb doesn't show the products name.

Sorry for my poor english, and thanks in advance.

If "Products title for SEO" is left blank, then the breadcrumb will be as normal (shows the product model if it has one, or nothing). 

If "Products title for SEO" is filled AND "breadcrumb over-ride" is true, that product_model (or nothing) is replaced by whatever you added.

I didnt like the way that it showed the model number and now fill the products title for seo field with the same as the product title. Customers seem to like it more and say that it helps them. What it does for SEO I have no idea. I did have to search around a bit on the internet to find a mysql command, or what ever its called, to copy one table column to the other but it wasnt that hard. Just make sure you back everything up first.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

If "Products title for SEO" is left blank, then the breadcrumb will be as normal (shows the product model if it has one, or nothing). 

If "Products title for SEO" is filled AND "breadcrumb over-ride" is true, that product_model (or nothing) is replaced by whatever you added.

Ok, thank you

I must make a "fix" to make it work as I prefer :)

Archived