• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pay Pal Express Checkout Erratic Addresses

Sam-AUST

G'day All,

I'd like to know if anyone else has noticed Pay Pal (specifically express checkout) can be a bit uneven with it's handling of shipping/billing addresses?

On our website I have had a number of odd things happen, each one for a different order.

1. Customer delivery address came through without the name (and order process email had nothing in the delivery address area).
  2. Delivery address once had "Please Select" in the space of the business name (that's the title of the drop-down on the Pay Pal site where the customer chooses their address!!!)
  3. State entry is missing in delivery address.
  4. Address chosen was not the one the customer chose for delivery.
  5. Customer name only missing from the delivery address in order process email (rest of address was there).

Orders don't always have these issues and they don't always repeat with the next order either, it seems totally random.

I have noticed that the state missing is something that also happens with eBay sales occasionally with Pay Pal express checkout, so I'm not sure this is a oscommerce issue. Has anyone out there experienced anything similar?

We have the same, except for number 4. I think it depends on what the customer enters in their Paypal account. Paypal is pretty bad at verifying the correct information is entered into each field, so you get street numbers missing, street names missing, as well as state, business name etc.

In other words, how the customer enters their details, that's how it gets sent to you.

One problem with the Paypal app in osCommerce is that it doesn't record the second address line from Paypal, even though it gets returned. I've altered my copy to capture $response_array['SHIPTOSTREET2'] in the order.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

frankl

I'm running OsC 2.3.4 up-to-date.

You wrote:

I've altered my copy to capture $response_array['SHIPTOSTREET2'] in the order.

Does that mean, that billing adress and shipping adress from the shop to paypal express will be returned back to the shop in the way, the customer has it defined?

Right now in my installation only the shipping adress is returned from paypal to the shop (and the confirmation email). If the customer has defined a billing adress, it's beeing overwritten with the shipping adress from paypal express.

Will this one solve the problem? http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/408822-paypal-payflow-express-checkout-ship-to-address-bug/

Thank's for any reply,

stefan

Edited by stefan21

@@stefan21

I think that's a different issue from mine Stefan. Using the Paypal app on my site I don't capture billing address specifically, I don't think I do anyway. Remind me to look at the code when I'm at work tomorrow.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Several parameter transport issues are discovered before.

1. GET/POST parameters allowed lenght in server config
2. Bad coded UTF8 character breaks the APP output/input parameters

All issue be able to separate from Apps log. Collect saved params from logs to analyze them.

This could be the reason of 1-5 issues:

- bad encoding in email "To" header if non-ascii chracter used (best is base64 encoding)
- UTF8 configuration problem in Paypal Account
http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/408822-paypal-payflow-express-checkout-ship-to-address-bug/

Bad GetExpressCheckoutDetails transform
Have to use:

parse_str(utf8_decode($response), $response_array);  //This function automatically urldecodes values (not mentioned in the docs).

in \includes\apps\paypal\modules\EC\api\GetExpressCheckoutDetails.php

Bad SetExpressChekoutDetails transform
Have to use this code:

$post_string .= $key . '=' . urlencode(trim($value)) . '&';

in \includes\apps\paypal\modules\EC\api\SetExpressCheckout.php

I dont have experiencies on all cases but could be language  localization problem too with urlencode/decode and utf8 server configs in parameter transports.

The best way to analize App logs to discover problems.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.