• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Depreciated mysql

kenkja

hi guys many years ago i created a site, the front end is still working, but can not now access the admin. I have checked includes_application top and the version is 2.3 CPanel error log is showing I have depreciation mysql in admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19 and also in admin/includes/application_top.php on line 167. do i need to complete the upgrades from 2.3 to 2.3.4 to resolve this, just seems a little strange that the front end is working, without the upgrades, i am guessing it too has depreciated functions

Os-commerce v2.3.3

Security Pro v11

Site Monitor

IP Trap

htaccess Protection

Bad Behaviour Block

Year Make Model

Document Manager

X Sell

Star Product

Modular Front Page

Modular Header Tags

Your post is very hard to read as its black text highlighted dark grey.

It would have helped if you gave the errors and the code that it it is referring to. Its probably only a small change that is required, but without the errors and code no one will be able to help. Also mention what version of oscommerce you are using and the php version also.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Sorry folks I just copied and pasted lol, this is the question

hello everyone, long time no see, a site wrote many years ago is still working upfront but I can no access the admin. i have checked includes/application_top and the version is 2.3. According to cPanel Error Log, I have depreciation mysql functions in the php in admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19 and also in admin/includes/application_top on line 167. I understand that the various upgrades 2.3.4, took into account mysql depreciation, but it seems odd that the front end still works. As the site has quite a lot of add ons, doing a fresh install of 2.3.4, will probably be just as time consuming as going thro the upgrades, so am reluctant to do that. Am also reluctant to start on the upgrades given that I feel confident that the front end would also have depreciated functions.

Please ignore the version below, that was another site.

Anyone got any advice ?

thanks

ken

Os-commerce v2.3.3

Security Pro v11

Site Monitor

IP Trap

htaccess Protection

Bad Behaviour Block

Year Make Model

Document Manager

X Sell

Star Product

Modular Front Page

Modular Header Tags

Thanks steve,

the errors are

in admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

PHP Depreciated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is depreciated and will be removed in the future: use mysli or PDO instead

Line 19 is

$$link = mysql_connect($server, $username, $password);

in admin/includes/application_top.php ion line 167

PHP warning : require(includes/languages/.php) : falied to open stream: No such file or directory in:admin/includes/application_top.php on line 167

then

PHP Fatal error : require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php'; in:admin/includes/application_top.php on line 167

Line 167 is

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

thanks

ken

Os-commerce v2.3.3

Security Pro v11

Site Monitor

IP Trap

htaccess Protection

Bad Behaviour Block

Year Make Model

Document Manager

X Sell

Star Product

Modular Front Page

Modular Header Tags

Hi Ken

in admin/includes/application_top.php see if you can do this

// set the language
if (!tep_session_is_registered(‘language’) || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[‘language’])) {

replace with:
// set the language
if (!tep_session_is_registered(‘language’) || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[‘language’]) || empty($language)) {

tried that Bob, got a bit further admin log on came in, forgot to mention had previously emptied the administrators database table, as expected system asked me to enter the first administrator, did so, got the following error message

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Function used:

tep_href_link('', '', 'NONSSL')

Os-commerce v2.3.3

Security Pro v11

Site Monitor

IP Trap

htaccess Protection

Bad Behaviour Block

Year Make Model

Document Manager

X Sell

Star Product

Modular Front Page

Modular Header Tags

and Cpanel error messages now shows

PHP Warning: http_build_query(): Parameter 1 expected to be Array or Object. Incorrect value given in /admin/login.php on line 63

line 63 is

PHP Warning: http_build_query(): Parameter 1 expected to be Array or Object. Incorrect value given in /htmldocs/main/login.php on line 63

am beginning to conclude that i must do all the upgrades, line by line alterations will just bring up the next stumbling block

Os-commerce v2.3.3

Security Pro v11

Site Monitor

IP Trap

htaccess Protection

Bad Behaviour Block

Year Make Model

Document Manager

X Sell

Star Product

Modular Front Page

Modular Header Tags