Latest News: (loading..)
burt

Summer Blowout 2016

49 posts in this topic

Just a few bits and pieces for this years Summer Blowout...

Four Days;  July 1 to July 4

1.  All new Social Icons system

See http://www.clubosc.com/better-social-icons.html

Consists of 12 modules, no core changes. Upload, go into Admin, install.

2.  Exit Popup Box

Pops up a modal box when the person viewing your site tries to close it.  Good for (eg) getting them to do something such as entering a competition, signing up to a newsletter or whatever.

Note this works on desktop, as it depends on mousemove!

Consists of 1 module, no core changes. Upload, go into Admin, install.

3.  Languages Info

Adds in extra links to footer allowing people to more easily select different languages.

4.  Product Category

Adds in link back to parent category from the product_info page

5.  Other modules

Navbar; (1) links, (2) search box, (3) blog, (4) testimonials

Header Tags; (1) Google Verification, (2) FB App ID

Shipping; (1) UK Local Delivery by postcodes

Consists of multiple modules, no core changes. Upload, go into Admin, install.

6.  One standalone change for account_history

And a modification that does require core changes, this one allows shopowner to choose icon and colour for each order_status. This make the account_history much nicer to look at.

7.  Standalone change to add more sorting options into product_listing module

Core Change :(

Sort by Latest Added, Best Sellers, Last Modified

8.  Hook to format UK postcodes (create_account.php)

Core Change, but only a hook

Format UK postcodes to that required by the Royal Mail

9.  Another Popup Box

This one loads after "X" page views, X is chosen by shopowner.  

A. Facebook Dynamic Ads

This was originally going to be built for the 29DoC Project, but I wasn't able to get it done and tested in time.

Read More: https://www.facebook...mic-product-ads

This is a Header Tag module, upload, turn on, create XML feed (script included), then do the rest at Facebook.

B. Google Address Autocomplete

This was also for the 29 DoC Project, works very well for US addresses and almost as well for other countries.

Be aware that this links into the Google Addresses API, and that API is sometimes not ideal, especially for countries with strange addresses.

This is a Header Tag module for the create_account page. Upload it, turn it on in admin.

C. Age Verification Module

Denies access to your site unless the person has confirmed they are of age to view your site.

Good for sites that sell "risky" stuff ;)

It's the Summer Blowout, it last until eof 4 July.  

Cost was £19 for everything.

By purchasing you are supporting the ongoing Responsive Build.

Buying Link:

{removed, offer is now closed}

Download:

Is manually set up by me, it is not immediate.  Please be a little bit patient.

Thank You.

ps, for those who have donated in the past 6 months, no matter what amount, £1 or more, you get all the above sent to you as a Thank You.  Check your inbox...

Edited by burt
removed buy link
bruyndoncx and altoid like this

It worked for me. Went straight to paypal pay page and payment was taken.

Thanks chaps, first bunch of modules sent out.

I have one (#9 in the list) being fully tested at the moment, that one will arrive (probably tomorrow)

Tim @@baulie38 I don't know why that link is not working for you.  I will PM you.

Adding in a few more modules...top post updated.

Last day of the Summer Blowout 2016 is today.  Thank You for the support so far.

Mini Update for one of the new Social Icon modules is sent out (email) in the next 10 minutes, they changed their data needs since it was built :(

Gary many thanks for doing this work. Some great addons in there that will come in useful.

Many thanks from me too

Particularly like the sharing icons rework facebook pintrest etc. Was never happy about how social icons slowed down the product page...etc  Great simple solution.

Also the back to parent category link.... very helpful. :thumbsup:

Thank you to all who were able to buy this Summer Blowout, you've helped to move the Responsive osC forward.  

I am particularly interested to see how you use those popup modules...and thank you all for the comments in this thread!

I was able to customize and take one of these add-ons further to suit my very personal needs with free help from Gary.   :thumbsup:

douglaswalker likes this

Thank You Eddy, and cool idea for that exit popup module.

I'll implement that (and send to all) later.

douglaswalker likes this

Update going out imminently, with code changes in the "Exit Popup" module.  

The code changes (inspired by @@Moxamint - thank you Eddy) allow the shopowner to select the pages on which the Popup will activate...

I have set the "default" pages as the three main checkout pages; shipping, payment, confirmation.  

These can be added to ultra-easily, just edit the module & tick a box...

altoid likes this

Re-opened for a few days.  Added in two more BONUS modules;

A.  Facebook Dynamic Ads

This was originally going to be built for the 29DoC Project, but I wasn't able to get it done and tested in time.

Read More:  https://www.facebook.com/business/a/online-sales/dynamic-product-ads

This is a Header Tag module, upload, turn on, create XML feed (script included), then do the rest at Facebook.

B.  Google Address Autocomplete

This was also for the 29 DoC Project, works very well for US addresses and almost as well for other countries.

Be aware that this links into the Google Addresses API, and that API is sometimes not ideal, especially for countries with strange addresses.

This is a Header Tag module for the create_account page.  Upload it, turn it on in admin.

NOTES

1:  All modules supplied, these two and the ones listed in the first post in this thread are meant as a starting place for your needs.  It might be that they are perfect for your needs already, or it might be that they need tweaking to better suit your needs.  

2:  Of course, anyone who already bought this years Summer Blowout, gets these two extras sent to them (later on tonight).

BUY LINK (PAYPAL):

{removed, offer is now closed}

Thank You for your support.

Edited by burt
removed buy link
mattjt83 and allaboutwicker like this

I highly recommend getting this. The dynamic facebook module is very well coded and such a great tool for a shop owner to be able to automate the delivery of ads to potential shoppers on facebook/instagram that have viewed items but not purchased.

The business facebook admin page is awesome! I was able to link my ad account, facebook business page, instagram business page all in one place now and with this module I am getting very detailed information on peoples actions on my site. I think it is possibly even more valuable than google analytics and much simpler to understand.

Edited by burt
removed quoted link

@@mattjt83 Sounds interesting Matt.  As they say (whoever they are) a picture is worth a thousand words...could you post a screen shot or two?

Dan

Thanks Matt @@mattjt83 (for both testing and sending me ideas and screenshots!)...greatly appreciated.

post-69-0-24312300-1469088831_thumb.png

post-69-0-91559100-1469088847_thumb.png

These are at Facebook End, not at the osC Admin.

bruyndoncx likes this

Update has now gone out with the two extra modules, and a third module I made yesterday (age verification HT Module).

Thank you to the one buyer overnight, you should have received a full pack with everything.

altoid likes this

Update going out imminently, with code changes in the "Exit Popup" module.  

The code changes (inspired by @@Moxamint - thank you Eddy) allow the shopowner to select the pages on which the Popup will activate...

I have set the "default" pages as the three main checkout pages; shipping, payment, confirmation.  

These can be added to ultra-easily, just edit the module & tick a box...

Could this be adapted to do the popup if the customer was checking out as a guest, but not if they were a logged-in customer?

Malcolm

Could this be adapted to do the popup if the customer was checking out as a guest, but not if they were a logged-in customer?

Malcolm

I don't see any reason why not, assuming you have a mechanism for determining if a customer is a guest (eg, a session variable) ?

ArtcoInc likes this