• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Restore Order For Cust Change

Waza04

i have to admit a very nice add-on Warren,

but would it not be nice to notify the site owner when a client has cancelled/changed his order ?

Site owners read their email first before they check for changes in the shopping cart, first the employees need to work on new placed orders or not ;)

Just an idea...

let me know what you all think

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

i have to admit a very nice add-on Warren,

but would it not be nice to notify the site owner when a client has cancelled/changed his order ?

Site owners read their email first before they check for changes in the shopping cart, first the employees need to work on new placed orders or not ;)

Just an idea...

let me know what you all think

Thanks Druide!! - I will certainly include that in my next update!! - Anything else that should be included...? Let me know...

Warren

Thanks for a great addon Warren

As has already been mentioned a nice addon that installed in just under 10 mins, no problems. :D

The notification email suggested by Druide sounds like a nice idea as well.

Andrew

OK V2.0 IS HERE AT LAST!!

Download It Now!

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1161

Whats New?

~~~~~~~~

- Fixes security so that only the correct customers can moddify an order.

- Restoring an order - doen't clear the existing contents of the cart.

- Placing the order back into the cart now copies the attributes aswell.

- Fixed the update that was missing to the orders_total table.

- Make the deletion of the order optional.

- Automatically change the order status dependat upon whom restored the order.

- More configurable options in a seperate group.

- Email the customer and the store-admin upon each cancellation.

About

~~~~

Includes special instructions and database queries for people upgrading from V1.0/V1.1

This is a MUST update - it fixes a security hole!!

(Thanks to: Marcel van Lieshout)

EDITED: Advertising and Requests for money removed. Thanks, Linda

does not work at all now

if the customer restores orders its ok

and items get added to cart ok.....

however if i do it from the admin

only the product count and no discription or

quanitys get put back in the cart....

"Cart: 1 Items $0.00"

im using the mod that changed the order ids to random

i dont know if maybe this is affecting your mod of not .

just thought id say .

maybe you know whats going on

OK - NEW VERSION OUT!!

Version 2.2 Out Now!!!

Download It Now!

Warren

PS - Please do not hesiate to post if it dosen't work - I am determined to get all problems sorted out!

Also - Suggestions are greatly appreciated - and if good enough WILL be implented.

Like - Druides Suggestion - It has now been implented.

still NOT working, items are not getting back in cart :(

not from admin nor customer side

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

i think its better to make seperate options for CANCEL ORDER

but first make it work, it doesnt work on 2.2CVS & MS1

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on a very significant contribution, the best solution to most order edit needs: putting it back on the customer for resubmission.

The install was easy and the configuration panel mostly clear. BUT there appears some confusion between the words/concepts "restore" and "cancel". When you click the "restore" button in admin/orders.php, the new status for the order is set to the one selected in configuration as "Set Order Status Of Orders Cancelled By Store Administrator To".

Shouldn't the restored order be set to some other status that is recognized as being editable on the catalog side? (How does the system determine ranking among the status codes, anyway?)

I took the suggestion of creating two new status codes, Cancelled by Admin and Cancelled by Customer, and selected them for the choices by the same name in configuration. And I chose "Processing" as the highest status permitted for restoral. My installation is a pretty fresh MS1, with no attribute mods.

However, I have yet to find a combination of config settings that gives the customer the choice of revision or cancelling the order. The new button never appears, so I didn't get the chance to "watch the magic happen."

Help would be appreciated by anyone who has this working.

I dont understand - what is the problem you are getting exactly...

Warren, I think that the problems lies in the way osc handles order-statuses. There is no way in osc to define in which order the statuses are. It are just self-incremental values.

The contrib, however, uses a highest status to prohibit the restoration of an order. The statusnr for "received" may be higher (or lower) than "shipped".

A solution? mmmm. I think it would be best if one could enumerate the statuses in admin with a multi-select dropdown. These are, however, not (yet) implemented in admin.

HTH

Greetings from Marcel

|Current version|Documentation|Contributions|

Marcel correctly identifies that the contribution's assumptions regarding the ranking of order status codes is a flaw. I am going to try adjusting the orders_status_id field in the orders_status table, directly, to see if the behavior can be corrected.

But, the other question remains unaddressed: when the order is "restored" from admin, why does it have a "cancelled" status? These words have seriously different meanings. If you intend a distinction, please explain, otherwise adopt consistent terminology.

Well, I finally got an order into a state that showed the "change/cancel" button on the customer side, but not by using the "restore" button in admin.

The "restore" button for admin/orders.php sets the order status to the value selected in config for "cancelled by admin". And that is one of the status values for which catalog/account_history_info.php will NOT display the "change/cancel" button.

I edited the order in admin, changing the status to Processing, and BEHOLD the customer side showed the "change/cancel" button. When that button was clicked, the order contents were put back into the shopping cart and the order status was set to the value selected in config for "cancelled by customer."

So, it appears to me that the "restore" button in admin is misleading. It really is "cancel by admin". There should be two buttons in admin, one for "cancel by admin" and another to "restore", and config needs another selection to choose what status code should be applied with the "restore" button.

We may not all have the same expectations for how this contribution should behave, since the author's initial description was unclear.

One strategy would be to enable customer order modification ONLY due to admin intervention (for instance, because a given product is not available with the attributes selected), in which case the admin/orders.php "restore" button may as well put the products back in the customer's shopping cart immediately. An email notification should be generated, directing the customer to revise the order was cancelled and the products restored to the shopping cart for possible resubmission. In this model, the order itself may as well be deleted and not just given another status.

The other, more complicated, strategy that I suspect the author had intended would be to permit revision of orders by customers at any time prior to the order status reaching a specified point in its progression, WITHOUT admin first intervening. On top of this, admin can ALSO kick an order back to the customer for revision or cancellation. This model uses order status as the key to whether the order can be revised.

I would have been satisfied with the first strategy. To accomplish all the goals of the second strategy, I think the contribution needs a bit more development (clarifying the distinction between "cancelling" and "restoring").

OK - I am nearly ready to release Version 3!!

- Fixes a few bugs regarding the shopping cart.

- Adds better button display in account history info. Now only shows the button when it is appropriate.

- Better Graphics.

- Better Options.

- Seperation Of Cancel and Restore.

- Better E-Mails.

- Better Explanations.

- Seperation of Admin and Customer Operations.

- Less Bugs.

However,

Im looking for testers to test for me - I have one (Marcel) but better testing means better results...

PM Me or EMail Me for link to download to test.

Also,

V3 Still uses the complicated attribute method, its the only way.

So if you have an alternative attribute controller, you may still have problems.

For people with serious attribute problems, I have a version that I could let you poor fokes have which workes standalone but dosent put attributes in the cart...

Anyway, the main this is I need some testers :)

Thanks

Warren

OK, Version 3 Is OUT NOW!!!

Restore Order For Customer Change V3.0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Fixes a few bugs regarding the shopping cart.

- Adds better button display in account history info. Now only shows the button when it is appropriate.

- Better Graphics.

- Better Options.

- Seperation Of Cancel and Restore.

- Better E-Mails.

- Better Explanations.

- Seperation of Admin and Customer Operations.

- Less Bugs.

(MAJOR - NO UPGRADE VERSION AVAILABLE - PLEASE UNINSTALL EXISITNG VERSION FIRST)