• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting kicked out of admin to the index page when server lags or..

Sam-AUST

It is really becoming frustrating getting redirected to our index page whenever something takes too much time to load or there's any kind of error.

Just now, trying to optimize the database, it lagged and eventually just redirected me to the index page.

Previously I was uploading a CSV to update product quantities and it did the job, BUT booted me over to the index.

It's happened really quite a lot with a lot of different scenarios, does anyone know what specifically causes a user to be redirected out of admin to the front page of the site? 

How long did it take to upload the CSV and process it?

The only legitimate thing that might happen in that scenario is that if it takes longer than the idle period of oscommerce then you'll be logged out.

If it's happening in a very short time then it's not likely to be an idle timeout but rather incorrect hosting settings on the server with regards to sessions or the server processes are crashing and then restarting which will lose the existing session and create a new one.

If it still don't work, hit it again!

Senior PHP Dev with 18+ years of commercial experience for hire, all requirements considered, see profile for more information.

Is your version of osC up to date? You'll find the latest osC version (the community-supported responsive version) here.

About 1 minute, oddly I uploaded yesterday and 2000 lines at a time uploaded and updated just fine.

So it's likely to be the server processes crashing then? Thanks for that, that helps a lot, I can contact my host with the info.

There are time limit settings as well as size settings in php.ini.  One thing you might consider is increasing your ISP speed.  For instance cable modems have a much faster download than upload.  How big is your file?  Try some speedtest sites and see what you get on upload. 

I'm not really a dog.

Hi John, we get a 95-97% on GTMetrix, so the site generally isn't the problem.

My site was lagging out just now until I found and blocked an IP address that was said to be "Majestic12 Web Crawler - Website Extractor" - it was completely lagging my site out.

I wonder if anyone has compiled a list of ridiculous bots like that one that need to be blocked?

Try to use file sessions in config file. Its due to positive results on PHP 5.4

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Hi Sam,

I meant your connection to the internet from your house, not your server speed.  Sometimes the uplink can be pretty slow.  Scroll down on this link and you'll see a bunch of speed test sites to Softlayer datacenters.  See what your upload is. 

http://www.softlayer.com/data-centers

I'm not really a dog.

Archived