• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

App problem: order saying Preparing Paypal standard but no payment received

vampirehunter

is this normal behaviour?

i've had two occasions where customer has ordered something, but no payment has been received in paypal,

but the order is showing up in my admin, and says "Preparing paypal standard".

is this normal behavior?

thanks

"Preparing paypal standard" is the status assigned to a paypal order when it is created. Once the payment is made, the status is changed to Pending. This only happens with paypal Standard and only if the customer didn't make the payment. For whatever reason, he got to paypal and decided not to pay so he just left. That left the order hanging in the "Preparing paypal standard" status. If you have the Recover Cart Sales addon installed, you could send an email to that person to try to determine the reason he stopped.

If you are using and older version of a paypal module, you should always verify payment has actually been made when this status shows since it is possible for it to show even with a completed order. If you are using the paypal app, then you should use the express module instead since it provides a better experience for your customer and, more importantly, an order only shows if it is paid for.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons