• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error with Security Checks

volume1

After update of webhotel I get these error messages. 2 lines. Any idea to what I can do??

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /var/www/mydomain/security_checks.php on line 82

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method stdClass::pass() in /var/www/mydomain/security_checks.php:87 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/mydomain/security_checks.php on line 87

• 1 month later...

Thanks, now I got that part working:-)

But now there is a couple of error messages that I didn't get before:

Title:

Admin HTTP Authentication

Module

admin_http_authentication

Info:

HTTP Authentication has not been set up for the osCommerce Administration Tool - please set this up in your web server configuration to further protect the Administration Tool from unauthorized access.

Title:

MySQL UTF-8

Module:

mysql_utf8

Info:

Some database tables need to be converted to UTF-8 (utf8_unicode_ci). Please review the tables under Tools -> Database Tables.

HTTP Authentication is the dohickey that asks you for an extra ID and password when you try to access certain directories. You can try switching on the one supplied with osC, but there's no guarantee that it will work (i.e., it's system dependent). You might be able to go to your hosting control panel and turn on "password protect a directory", in which case you may still get the osC security warning (even if the Authentication is working). So long as you are asked for a system ID and password when going in to the admin section, you're good to go.

The system found that some database tables are not UTF-8, or perhaps have a different collation setting than expected. Go in with a tool such as phpMyAdmin and investigate how it ended up this way. Did you install an add-on, or do any manual database changes, or import an old backup? A different collation (sort order) is usually fairly harmless, but a different encoding (Latin-1 v. UTF-8) can be serious. Back up your database (and check that it's a good backup) before attempting to change any tables or fields, in case something goes wrong.

• 3 months later...

Also in the past i have changed the name of the admin folder to somthing else.  When you do however you will need to update the configuration file in admin to reflect the new folder location for the admin section to continue to work.

Archived