• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

microdata "price" in product_listing.php

cupidare

Hello, 

Sorry for this silly question, but I struggle with this: 

in product_listing.php 

$prod_list_contents .= '      <div class="col-xs-6" itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer"><meta itemprop="priceCurrency" content="' . tep_output_string($currency) . '" /><div class="btn-group" role="group"><button type="button" class="btn btn-default"><span itemprop="price" content="' . preg_replace('/[^0-9.]*/', '', $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id']))) . '">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span></button></div></div>';

How can I convert a different price-separation (in my case "," instead of "." e.g. 2,70€) to a 2.70 for the microdata? At the moment the preg_replace gives for this example

content="270.."

thank you in advance ...

What string does $currencies->display_price(...) give you? Is it 2,70€ (German-style , decimal separator) and you want 2.70 or 2.70€? If you want the latter, and you know there will be (at most) one comma, how about something like

preg_replace('/,/', '.', $currencies->...

If you want to get rid of the Euro, too, the substitutions require arrays:

preg_replace(array('/,/', '/€/'), array('.', ''), $currencies->...

(or something like that) might work. preg_replace() may be overkill for something like this, and you could use str_replace().

thank you for your reply. 

I changed it to 

preg_replace(array('/[^0-9,0-9]/','/[,]/'),array('','.')

which works for me. I don't know, if this is overkill... The problem is that google wants the price in the format 2.70 without comma or currency...

My suggestion was that the use of preg_replace() was overkill, and that str_replace() would be much faster and easier to understand. All you're doing is substituting . for , and <null> for €, neither of which require regular expression pattern matching.

By the way, your pattern [^0-9,0-9] doesn't do what you think it does. It matches anything not digit or comma (in your case, the Euro sign), not a pattern digit,digit. And a single character to match shouldn't be [,], but just , . You need to study up on regular expression pattern matching before you get yourself in trouble.

Hello Gary, 

I implemented this and it works very well. Although I omitted the index_nested stuff (not in my version) I got no errors in the product_listing from the structured data test  (product: no error, breadcrumb: no error)

thank you a lot. Am I right in applying this to product_info and all the other sites?

Thank you a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived