• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Secured by htpasswd

moutoulos

Hi

I have problem with "admin". I don't know how to protect in "Secured by htpasswd" and turn it On.

The "other" admin, change my mail in payment module (in paypal) ...

Regards

Greg

post-332918-0-57034000-1464078558_thumb.png

You just need to click edit for the login you want to change. There is a checkbox there to enable the second login. Although, while that is a good idea, the login will be identical to the other login so it is not as secure as it should be. You are better off password protecting the admin using your hosts control panel, assuming they offer that option. By doing it that way you can have two different logins, making it more secure.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The directory password protection supplied with osC does not work with all server configurations (even some Apache servers). You may need to use your host-supplied "password protect a directory" in their control panel. Note that osC's security mechanisms may not recognize that this has been done, and continue to prompt you to implement password protection. If you need to type in an ID and password to get into your admin, you can ignore such warnings, as you have already implemented this protection.

@@moutoulos  Greg, the error messages you received seem to say that your permissions aren't correct.  Adjust those and see what happens.

Dan

Archived