• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

raiwa

21 minutes ago, brian_cee said:

Hmmm, I uploaded everything, went to admin and set it to true, refreshed browser, tried different browsers, and no errors, but no Continue Shopping button shows up, just the Checkout button like normal on shopping_cart.php.......I wonder what I forgot? Probably something obvious.....

Do you have the modular shopping cart installed?

Dan

2 minutes ago, Dan Cole said:

Do you have the modular shopping cart installed?

Dan

I don't know, I have a new installation of 2.3.4.1 and it has modules, so I'm not sure........Actually, I just got to this thread by clicking a link from another thread about the continue shopping button, so I didn't read this thread...Now I'm thinking I have to install this modular shopping cart first for this button to work?

1 minute ago, brian_cee said:

Now I'm thinking I have to install this modular shopping cart first for this button to work?

I think you're right.

Dan

3 hours ago, brian_cee said:

Now I'm thinking I have to install this modular shopping cart first for this button to work?

You can also just add the content module call to your standard shopping_cart.php in the place where you wants to show the button:

<div class="row">
    	<?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('shopping_cart'); ?>
    </div>

I went ahead and just added the cart module and re-added the continue shopping button with it......The image on the button was still something like IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING so I added a define in english.php to have the text be CONTINUE SHOPPING, seems to work and look fine. Thanks again......

Hell Brian,

Yes, sorry it's not a packed add-on and this definition is missing. But it would be better to add the definition where it belongs to: the module language file "includes/languages/english/cm_sc_continue_shopping.php"

rgds

Rainer

Ah,

On 2/6/2018 at 9:00 AM, raiwa said:

Hell Brian,

Yes, sorry it's not a packed add-on and this definition is missing. But it would be better to add the definition where it belongs to: the module language file "includes/languages/english/cm_sc_continue_shopping.php"

rgds

Rainer

OK, will do, thanks......

• 1 month later...

@raiwa

hey Rainer,

I have not installed this addon yet, and wanted to know if it will work with the PWA addon? This one:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/5f3nn&purchase-without-account-bs

I assume it will, but have to ask. Thanks.

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&amp;geo=US&amp;q=oscommerce

Yes it will. There are no modifications required in shopping cart if I well remember. 

@raiwa

yep, you're right,.. I checked it myself last night after asking here.

When comparing the module files and the shopping_cart.php file, I did notice that the following code was removed, and I could not locate it in any of the new module files. Is it not necessary for the shopping_cart.php file?

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {
    include('includes/classes/payment.php');
    $payment_modules = new payment;
  }

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

2 hours ago, Demitry said:

When comparing the module files and the shopping_cart.php file, I did notice that the following code was removed, and I could not locate it in any of the new module files. Is it not necessary for the shopping_cart.php file?

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {
    include('includes/classes/payment.php');
    $payment_modules = new payment;
  }

@Demitry Demitry...good question. I couldn't remember so I went hunting....this code was only used with the alternative checkout option and therefore was moved to that module.

Dan

@Dan Cole

Dan, thank you for the reply.

I apologize, I missed it in that module. I thought I went through all of the modules thoroughly, but apparently not.

@ArtcoInc  Malcolm...I'm not certain.  There are times when I'm under the impression that Gary is going to include it but other times when I don't think so.  In any case it is really up to him.  Hopefully it'll get included at some point.

Dan

• 1 month later...

@raiwa,

I've installed the latest version over a fresh osc CE and the +/- icons in shopping cart shows as flashing exclamation/question signs. I've noticed it uses newer font awesome. Can this be the problem?

cart.jpg.a7d2fd1c86244e6f0cf9b853bc2a656d.jpg

yes, you have to update to fontawesome 5.0. Please compare to the core shopping_cart.php and update.

I'll begin to update all add-ons once 2.3.4.1 BS final is declared

Edited by raiwa

I installed the add-on, works great so far. Big thank you. Two things however are still bugging me:

a) The last 'Finalize my order' button is extremely wide which makes it look rather like an information bar than like a button. This might confuse the customer.
When I reduce the width to make it smaller, it moves to the left which is odd somehow. The customer might be used to have it on the right bottom side as in most other shops.
How to make it go there?

b) Is there a module for checkout_confirmation which adds a check box and a text like  'I accept the TOS ....'.  I think it is a must for at least German shops, with GDRP even for all EU shops I believed.
?

9 hours ago, inra311 said:

I installed the add-on, works great so far. Big thank you. Two things however are still bugging me:

a) The last 'Finalize my order' button is extremely wide which makes it look rather like an information bar than like a button. This might confuse the customer.
When I reduce the width to make it smaller, it moves to the left which is odd somehow. The customer might be used to have it on the right bottom side as in most other shops.
How to make it go there?

b) Is there a module for checkout_confirmation which adds a check box and a text like  'I accept the TOS ....'.  I think it is a must for at least German shops, with GDRP even for all EU shops I believed.
?

I found the solution for a) myself. Changing line 25 of /includes/modules/content/checkout_confirmation/templates/tpl_cm_cc_finalize_order_button.php

from

echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_FINALISE_ORDER, 'fas fa-check-circle', null, 'primary', null, 'btn-success btn-block btn-lg');

to

echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_FINALISE_ORDER, 'fas fa-check-circle', null, 'primary', null, 'btn-success');

did the trick. The button is then aligned to the right, and the position changes with the width setting in the module setup in admin :)

Still wondering about b)... ?

Hello Ingo @inra311,

I'm glad that you found the solution for a.

But both of your questions are posted in the wrong topic.

This is about modular shopping cart (shopping_cart.php). Your questions are about checkout_confirmation.php and b.) is even more generic.

There are several threads open about GDPR:

Gary offers a MATC module since time, just contact him: @burt

There are older versions available for free on the marketplace, but they are not updated for 2.3.4.1 BS.

More info:

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/410868-who-in-the-eu-has-heard-of-gdpr-and-will-it-affect-you/

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/412925-matc/

Kind regards

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

1 hour ago, raiwa said:

This is about modular shopping cart (shopping_cart.php). Your questions are about checkout_confirmation.php and b.) is even more generic.

Thanks for answering.

Oops, sorry,  I confused modular shopping-cart with modular check-out it seems.

Just contacted burt..

Uploaded update:

Modular Shopping Cart BS 2.0

Version: 2.0
Changes:

- updated to latest 2.3.4.1. CE Frozen
- updated fa icons to font awesome 5
- Updated template name to 2.3.4.1 CE Frozen naming standard
- Updated include template to 2.3.4.1 CE Frozen auto filename.
- changed to use page_content variable to fix headers already sent error with pay pal express

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2018 at 1:35 PM, raiwa said:

Uploaded update:

Modular Shopping Cart BS 2.0

Version: 2.0
Changes:

- updated to latest 2.3.4.1. CE Frozen

I updated to this version, and noticed the refresh and delete buttons were different and weird, did I mess up something? Because the older (stock) buttons seemed better. I'll include pics if I can.....

old-buttons.jpg

new-buttons.jpg

It is the update for awesome 5 icons. If you are using an older EDGE version with fontawesome 4, keep the old module, no need to update.

See description:

Changes:

updated to latest 2.3.4.1. CE Frozen

Edited by raiwa

3 minutes ago, raiwa said:

It is the update for awesome 5 icons. If you are using an older EDGE version with fontawesome 4, keep the old module, no need to update.

See description:

Changes:

updated to latest 2.3.4.1. CE Frozen

Yes, I saw that about font awesome 5, I thought that might have something to do with it, which is why I included it in the quote in my post. But if that's the way those images are supposed to look, OK, I just thought they were broken images, weird and silly looking compared to the older ones. Anyway, on my old site I had the older version of this addon, I'm rebuilding a new site, so I used this most recent version of Modular Shopping Cart.  If I just need the older images, should I uninstall and re-install the older version of the addon, or is there an easier way to just replace those images?

I tried to find a way to replace just those images, but couldn't do it.....