• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Functioning osc website needs slight customizations, any input much appreciated!

lyoooha

Greetings fellow coders and community members!

My domain is: http://www.glamorousjewelers.com

I was able to setup a seemingly functioning oscommerce platorm with a customized template. I lack, however, the needed coding knowledge to tailor my template just a bit in certain areas. For example, add more custom item specifications, modify the main page layout slightly, as well as layout of menu on content pages. I was hoping some one could share a good resource that I can use as a guide to design changes of the template itself. I have coding background, but not much skill in css. Ive been learning however, and with just a little guidance, I believe I can make the subtle, yet necessary changes to my website layout to make it more professional.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards, Aleksey

If this is a template (whether free or purchased), it won't be supported here. Your best bet is to post in the Commercial Support > Commercial Support Enquires section of this forum, to ask for a quotation on having someone do the work for you.

More important is you need to protect your Admin section.  YOU NEED SSL. Read the manual and it suggests renaming it, which is a great idea.  Whatever hosting panel you have will have a password protection but your site is at great risk right now and this thread tells everyone how to find it.. Make it only SSL for Admin first thing.

I'm not really a dog.

While true, SSL and password protection are two entirely different things. Don't confuse them. SSL only stops someone from "snooping" on your session, by encrypting traffic. It does nothing to keep a hacker from getting in to your admin addresses in the first place. That's a job for password protection (put up a roadblock) and changing the name from "admin" to something else.

I could have worded that much better.  The point I was trying to make is that Admin is wide open for hacking and is a far more important step than making a pretty template.

I'm not really a dog.

Archived