piernas

[Addon] Content modules improved admin page

I took some time to practice with modules and made this time-saver when configuring content modules:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9458

post-181458-0-88810800-1459099669_thumb.jpg

IMPROVED CONTENT MODULES ADMIN FOR 2.3.4 RESPONSIVE
===================================================

This is a direct replacement for modules_content.php.

- Each module group has his own tab, so no more inspecting huge lists in search of a content module.
- You can see both installed and uninstalled modules in one group at once.
- You can see module descriptions without clicking on each one.
- You can check fast if a module is enabled or not without accessing his configuration.
- You can enable or disable modules directly if the module has the appropiate methods (see below).

I had the intention of adding a couple of improvements, like a graphical interface to move up/down modules and graphically change its width and position on the page, but currently there's not a standard for bootstrap module width property. One module can, for example, have a "half width/full width" property while another can offer the choice of "width=6/width=12".

Also, to enable/disable them without accessing his configuration would require the module to expose public methods like these:

<?php
    function isEnabled() {
      return $this->enabled;
    }

function enable() {
            tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = 'True' where configuration_key = 'MODULE_THIS_MODULE_STATUS'");
            $this->enabled = (MODULE_THIS_MODULE_STATUS == 'True');

}
    function disable() {
            tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = 'False' where configuration_key = 'MODULE_THIS_MODULE_STATUS'");
            $this->enabled = (MODULE_THIS_MODULE_STATUS == 'True');

}
?>

If these are not present, you can easily add them to a module by changing MODULE_THIS_MODULE_STATUS for the appropiate constant.
If you do this or the module already suplies these methods, yoou will see the enable/disable button in this module.

post-181458-0-88810800-1459099669_thumb.jpg

Edited by piernas

I love it!!! Absolutely agree. Yes, it is a great time saver when your are testing about different aspects for your shop, modules, configurations and positions. 

Just a question. Could you give us a real example of how to insert that code for  enabling/desabling modules, as you say in instructions? I mean, if you can include here a module (the one that you prefer) with that code inserted in the right place for that purpose. 
Sorry, I'm not a coder, but with an example I can have an idea an try to do it with the rest of modules I have installed.

Anyway, many thanks for your effort and congrats for your work!

Shopowner, not coder, experienced copypaster  :D

Hola Tito, it's great you found it of good use.

I don't have a samle right now, but for example let's take the cm_footer_account.php.

You'll find this line under function install ():

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable Account Footer Module', 'MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_ACCOUNT_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to enable the Account content module?', '6', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");

MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_ACCOUNT_STATUS is, in this case, the configuration key that stores the status of the module.

So if we want the module to expose methods for enabling/disabling it you have to add these two functions in the class:

function enable() {
            tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = 'True' where configuration_key = 'MODULE_THIS_MODULE_STATUS'");
            $this->enabled = (MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_ACCOUNT_STATUS == 'True');

}
    function disable() {
            tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = 'False' where configuration_key = 'MODULE_THIS_MODULE_STATUS'");

}

Hey! Gracias @@piernas !!!
Going for it right now!

Regards

I've just also installed your Horizontal CSS menu for admin 2.3.4 and BS

Really, really great!!! I strongly recommend to everybody to install it.

As you well said, very much confortable for controlling, modifying  and/or consulting your eShop in this times of smartphones and tablets.

Gracias Juanma! You made my working life easier...  :lol:

Hallo Juanna

Its a wonderful addon 

I mad your Instructions on The cm_footer_account.php

I see the Button Disabled but the Button is not working (Click on Disable and nothing happens)

After that I thought that you forget something or make a mistake in the code and I changed the code (marked with Red Color) but I can Fix it Nothing happens Again

Here is the Changed Code:

---------

function enable() {

}
    function disable() {
$this->disable = (MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_ACCOUNT_STATUS == 'False');

}
--------
Edited by Pelvis

Test before using on live shop as I have never used add-on before, but installs and runs on BS4 Frozen fine. There is very little if any change in admin side from 2.3.4 to CE so you should have a go at making some of these small changes.😊

image.thumb.png.83a8b8998e1680b8f99d40be79d5b685.png

oscom-improved-content-modules-admin-for-CE FROZEN.zip