• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Account Success Page and login page

Hi

Using bootstrap is there anyway to bypass the login page and account success creation page on the checkout at all, just wondered if it would be a simple coding job.

Many Thanks

Using Bootstrap 8-)

For the login, do you mean to remove that page or that option? The former is needed since details of the customer are needed to complete the order. The latter can be done with the Purchase Without Account addon. There is a code change that can be made to take the customer right to the checkout shipping page when an account is created if the cart has contents. Maybe that is what you mean. To do that, find this line in the create_account.php file

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

and replace it with this:

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0)
        tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
      else
        tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));  

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

For the login, do you mean to remove that page or that option? The former is needed since details of the customer are needed to complete the order. The latter can be done with the Purchase Without Account addon. There is a code change that can be made to take the customer right to the checkout shipping page when an account is created if the cart has contents. Maybe that is what you mean. To do that, find this line in the create_account.php file

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

and replace it with this:

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0)
        tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
      else
        tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));  

Tried this but after filling on the create account page got took back to the login page

Trying to do the below , but this module "shorter checkout"  sends the site abit all over 

[1] Login >> [2]Create Account >> [3]Create Account Sucess >> [4]Checkout Shipping >> [5]Checkout Payment >> [6]Checkout Confirmation

After:

[1] Create Account/Login >> [2] Checkout Shipping >> [3]Checkout payment >> [4}Checkout Confirmation

Using Bootstrap 8-)

Tried this but after filling on the create account page got took back to the login page

That doesn't make sense since there isn't a link to the login page there. I suppose it could be going to the checkout_shipping page and that would redirect to the login page if you are not logged in. But that would mean the create account is failing. I suggest removing it and making sure your create account page works as it was and then try the change.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived