• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Update and Delete button not showing properly in shopping cart

Sam-AUST

File attached shows how the update / delete buttons appear in shopping cart (not all the time, only sometimes). This is in the bootstrap version.

Does anyone know how to prevent? I was using Chrome at the time.

post-332255-0-01360500-1458022332_thumb.png

• 4 months later...

@@Sam-AUST

Hopefully I will get this right. I too wanted to add text to the images on the update and remove buttons and this is what was done for me. I hope Gary will not mind me mentioning this change.

To change the buttons to add text find in shopping_cart.php file

$products_name .= '<br>' . tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity[]', $products[$i]['quantity'], 'style="width: 65px;" min="0"', 'number') . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products[$i]['id']) . ' ' . tep_draw_button(NULL, 'fa fa-refresh', NULL, NULL, NULL, 'btn-info btn-xs') . ' ' . tep_draw_button(NULL, 'fa fa-remove', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id'] . '&action=remove_product'), NULL, NULL, 'btn-danger btn-xs');

Replace it with

$products_name .= '<br>' . tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity[]', $products[$i]['quantity'], 'style="width: 65px;" min="0"', 'number') . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products[$i]['id']) . ' ' . tep_draw_button(CART_BUTTON_UPDATE, 'fa fa-refresh', NULL, NULL, NULL, 'btn-info btn-xs') . ' ' . tep_draw_button(CART_BUTTON_REMOVE, 'fa fa-remove', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id'] . '&action=remove_product'), NULL, NULL, 'btn-danger btn-xs');

Then add to your includes/language/english/shopping_cart.php file

define('CART_BUTTON_UPDATE', 'Update');
define('CART_BUTTON_REMOVE', 'Remove');

Just remember that this is a core code change and should you ever update all your files to a later version you will have to redo this manual change.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Gary, I think this was a change that I asked you to make on my site as my older generation customers may have gotten confused without the text.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived