• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2.3.4 BS - Fast Update Shopping_cart

@@raiwa

Hi Rainer

Just tried this in Google Chrome and find that the Up/Down arrows only appear when you hover inside the quantities box,

or at least mine does.

Cheers

Grandpa

Hello John @@grandpaj,

Yes, the same like the core version. It is how Google Chrome renders a standard html5 number input field.

Nothing to do with my coding. Each Browser renders the input fields in a different way.

regards

Rainer

@@grandpaj and others,

Sorry, I'm a bloody javascript beginner.

All that numbering is not needed. It's posible to apply the spinner to the last element before the script : $(this).parent().find(  :)

Here the much simlified version:

$products_name .= '<br>' . tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity[]', $products[$i]['quantity'], 'style="width: 65px;" min="1" max=""', 'number', true, 'class="form-control text-center"') . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products[$i]['id']) . 
      									' <span class="spinner_icon"><i class="fa fa-refresh fa-spin" style="color:transparent;"></i></span> ' . tep_draw_button('Remove', 'fa fa-trash', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id'] . '&action=remove_product'), NULL, NULL, 'btn-danger btn-xs btn-remove') . 
'<script>
function update() {
	$("form[name^=\'cart_quantity\']").submit();
	$(this).parent().find(".spinner_icon i").css(\'color\', \'\');
};
$("input[name^=\'cart_quantity\']").change(update);
$("form[name=\'cart_quantity\'] .btn-remove").click(update);
</script>

';

Maybe still to improve: Add input validation for " input is number" and  "input > 0"

Or this is not so important?

There is no validation in core, but we could avoid unnecesary page update and spinner showing if they try to reduce qty to zero.

regards

Rainer

@@raiwa

Hi Rainer

Was just playing around with the code (which I know nothing about) and removed

$(this).parent().find(".spinner_icon i").css(\'color\', \'\');

All still seemed to work. Look forward to any comments you may have.

Cheers

Hello John @@grandpaj,

Then you may have duplicate code from an old version still present in your store.

Or you just didn't reload/refresh the page at least once after erasing that line.

Browsers cache shouldn't be the reason, but you could reset it for any case.

regards

Rainer

Archived