• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Mobile Site

Soundman01

I just looked at the code in the contribution, it checks to see if the browser used is known as a mobile browser and based on that info you can then decide your self in the code if you want/need to show certain sections or not.

The difference with just a responsive site is that in this case, code does not get executed, unused html/images are not sent to the browser, while in the responsive solution, they are usually just hidden from view based on the different -xs / -sm etc classes.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

So it's an "adaptive" implementation, rather than responsive. With less material to pump out to the browser, is performance better? Do any mobile browsers fail to tell the server the right thing (e.g., Safari on an iPad) and end up getting the desktop layout?

Archived