Latest News: (loading..)
auzStar

[Addon] Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 bootstrap

Support thread for the "Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 bootstrap" add-on module.

Report problems here.

Feedback and comments appreciated.

Download link:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9444

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PREREQUISITES:

osCommerce versions 2.3.4 bootstrap
Latest Boostrap version of "Modular Front Page" (V2.2.1) add-on by kymation.
http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7626

This add-on adds a carousel/sliding version of the "Front Page New Products" module.
Use it to replace the current "Front Page New Products" module.
Module is installed as a new separate module, so that it doesn't over-write the original module.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This addon relies on jQuery Owl Carousel v1.3.3 for carousel sliding effects.
More information can be found here "http://owlgraphic.com/owlcarousel/".

jQuery Owl Carousel is included with this package and is installed separately as a heater_tag module.

jQuery Owl Carousel handles responsive carousels a lot better than Bootstrap carousel version.
It automatically adjusts the number of items inside the carousel according to the viewport size.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-290729-0-72334500-1456200913_thumb.jpg

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

New version (v1.1) has been added to the add-on:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9444/#tabs-hist

CHANGES:

product box highlight on mouse hover

more module options in admin
- to show/hide product descriptions
- adjust length of descriptions
- to enable/disable autoplay/slide
- adjust autoplay speed

2 choices of templates (with and without panel border surrounding the carousel)

other minor improvements/corrections

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Hi Dominic,

I want to use this add-on together with your modal login_modal_module_v2_1. Both of them work fine if the other one is not activated.

The "New Products Carouse" caroussel is no longer visible when both addons are active ...

Ralph

@@rupruprup

Hi Dominic,

I want to use this add-on together with your modal login_modal_module_v2_1. Both of them work fine if the other one is not activated.

The "New Products Carouse" caroussel is no longer visible when both addons are active ...

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Sorry for late response.

I'm not sure why you are having this issue. They both work together on my demo site (which is up-to-date BS version with a few of my other add-ons) here: https://www.auzcommerce.com.au/osc234bs_test_sec/index.php.

Double check your installs according to the doco. Do you have a link to your site for me to look at?

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

thanks for your answer. My site is not live it is still in development. I checked your link and noticed that both work together without mistakes ...

helo @@auzStar,

Im installing this addon v1.1.. only if the product has a special price,.. it is only shows the new price... I think put the original price with strikethrough above new price like it used to be is more attractive for costumer.

rgds,

pit

@@webmasterpitoyo

helo @@auzStar,

Im installing this addon v1.1.. only if the product has a special price,.. it is only shows the new price... I think put the original price with strikethrough above new price like it used to be is more attractive for costumer.

rgds,

pit

This module replaces the standard New Products module. It uses the same internal code, but converted to a carousel. So that is how the New Products are displayed in the standard New Products module. Please log a general request for this to be changed in the core first, then I will update this module if core is changed.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

New version (v1.2) has been added to the add-on:

http://addons.oscomm...9444/#tabs-hist

Contains 2 versions of the module:

1. For use with the "Modular Front Page" add-on by kymation
2. For use with the more recent version of osCommerce BS EDGE that has modularized index page

CHANGES:

Corrected the names of the template files to be consistent with osCommerce naming standards for template files.

Brought module up-to-date with latest osCommerce BS EDGE coding standards i.e. microdata, replace deprecated $HTTP_* vars with $_* and compatibility with PHP7.
Included an option to display the old product price along with special price (default behavior for prices in stock std "new product" modules is to display specials price only).  
Fixed issue where sometimes too much white space would appear within the product description.
Other minor improvements/corrections.

Demo can be seen here:

@@webmasterpitoyo

You maybe interested in this new version

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Dear @@auzStar

I just install this add on a OSC EDGE with the "Modular Front Page" installed and perfectly working with all the modules, and i get the folowing error :

Fatal error: Call to undefined method currencies::display_raw() in /home/content/n/e/w/xyz/catalog/includes/modules/content/front_page/templates/new_products_carousel.php on line 53

any clue

Best regards,

Valqui

PD

In the installation instructions the line :

b) If upgrading, delete old templates files that contain names like this "cm_fp_new_products_carousel" as per examples below (you may not have all):

catalog\includes\modules\content\front_page\templates\cm_fp_new_products_carousel.php

should be

b) If upgrading, delete old templates files that contain names like this "cm_fp_new_products_carousel" as per examples below (you may not have all):
catalog\includes\modules\content\front_page\cm_fp_new_products_carousel.php

I'm using oscommerce Edge v2.3.4.1

Get here the latest osCommerce Online Merchant Community Bootstrap Edition v2.3.4.1 CE

@@valquiria23

Fatal error: Call to undefined method currencies::display_raw() 

Sounds like you don't have latest EDGE. You're missing the code below in your "catalog\includes\classes\currencies.php" file, which was added to EDGE some time ago (it goes at the end but before the last bracket "}"):

function format_raw($number, $calculate_currency_value = true, $currency_type = '', $currency_value = '') {
      global $currency;

if (empty($currency_type)) $currency_type = $currency;

if ($calculate_currency_value == true) {
        $rate = (tep_not_null($currency_value)) ? $currency_value : $this->currencies[$currency_type]['value'];
        $format_string = number_format(tep_round($number * $rate, $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_places']), $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_places'], '.', '');
      } else {
        $format_string = number_format(tep_round($number, $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_places']), $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_places'], '.', '');
      }

return $format_string;
    }

function display_raw($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {
      return $this->format_raw($this->calculate_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity));
    }    

My mistake, just an oversight. I probably need to update the instructions to make sure you have the above code.

My instructions for deleting the old template files is correct. You delete old templates files that contain names like this "cm_fp_new_products_carousel" in your templates folder if you had an old version of this add-on.

Also, I have found another error:

In the 2 template files replace $listing with $new_products ($listing appears only once in each template file and should be $new_products).

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@auzStar

Where can I find the modal login_modal_module_v2_1 ?  Thanks!

Malcolm

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Frozen" release here

@@ArtcoInc

@@auzStar

Where can I find the modal login_modal_module_v2_1 ?  Thanks!

Malcolm

You'll find the file attached to this post here Malcom: http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/399771-faster-login-with-bootstrap-modal/page-4#entry1735929

It wasn't uploaded to add-ons for reasons in that post. Maybe it should be. Let me know what you think.

Package hasn't been updated for a while.

cheers

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@auzStar

(not meaning to hijack this thread, but ... :- )

You'll find the file attached to this post here Malcom: http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/399771-faster-login-with-bootstrap-modal/page-4#entry1735929

It wasn't uploaded to add-ons for reasons in that post. Maybe it should be. Let me know what you think.

Package hasn't been updated for a while.

Ah, I thought I recognized that B)

I see on your test site that you have the SSL on the entire site. Did anyone ever figure out how to trigger an SSL modal from a non-SSL page?

Thanks!

Malcolm

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Frozen" release here

@@auzStar

(not meaning to hijack this thread, but ... :- )

Ah, I thought I recognized that B)

I see on your test site that you have the SSL on the entire site. Did anyone ever figure out how to trigger an SSL modal from a non-SSL page?

Thanks!

Malcolm

@@ArtcoInc

Malcom, I've continued this in the original thread......http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/399771-faster-login-with-bootstrap-modal/page-4#entry1747238

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

New version (v1.3) has been added to the add-on:

2. For use with the more recent version of osCommerce BS EDGE that has modularized index page

CHANGES:

Fixed minor undefined variable error in template files.
Included in instructions is to check that you have the latest code (necessary for correct operation of this add-on) inside "catalog\includes\classes\currencies.php", same as latest EDGE. (thanks to @@valquiria23 for discovering that this was missing)
Added version check (so that in future, if only the module file needs to be replaced, the version number of the module will update without removing/re-installing the module).

New Products Carousel demo can be seen here:

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

New version (v1.4) has been added to the add-on:

2. For use with the more recent version of osCommerce BS EDGE that has modular index page

CHANGES:

Harcode DIR_WS_* file paths inline with latest BS EDGE.
Other minor changes.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

New version (v1.4.1) has been added to the add-on:

2. For use with the more recent version of osCommerce BS EDGE that has modular index page

CHANGES:
Fix issue where content inside carousels was out of alignment after recent update to jQuery to version 3.1.0 in latest osCommerce BS EDGE. (slight modification to carousels scripts required)
Removed existing version number implementation and now using osCommerce built-in version number implementation designed for modules.
Some minor code modifications to conform to osCommerce coding standards.
jQuery Owl Carousel module has been updated to version 1.2

http://www.auzcommer.../osc234bs_test/

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Hi there,

My problem I describe here starts already with the  jQuery Owl Carousel v1.3.3 installation which I can install,
However I cannot edit. It provides an error when I click on edit in admin header tags module:

Call to undefined function tep_cfg_disabled() in /home/xxx/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php(232) : eval()'d code on line 1

All the order modules we installed under are working just fine, so it is not likely in the modules.php file.

I looked through the code of the 2 files used by this carousel, but the code checker I use (http://phpcodechecker.com/) provides many errors on the files mostly to do with brackets etc. 

I have modified the files so it actually does not provide errors, but the error described above is still there.

But all you people do not have any problems, so why do I get this error. I use OSCommerce V 2,3,4 bootstrap.

I also uploaded the files in the ext folder.

Any suggestions?

Add this code to the module file, just before the last ?>

////
  // Function to show a disabled entry (Value is shown but cannot be changed)
  if( !function_exists( 'tep_cfg_disabled' ) ) {
    function tep_cfg_disabled( $value ) {
      return tep_draw_input_field( 'configuration_value', $value, ' disabled' );
    }
  }

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thanks Jim.

That function was left out by mistake. Took it out in recent updates when I started using the built-in version function to display the header tag module version number, not realising it was still needed for the "Owl Carousel javascipt" version. My bad. Will update Owl Caraousel module soon.

As Jim says just place the code above right at the bottom of the file (there may be no "?>").

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

This is what to do in new_products.php to implement seperate pricing per customer:

In /includes/modules/new_products.php

Find:

$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

Replace With:

$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

Find:

$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$new_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

Replace With:

$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c on pd.products_id = p2c.products_id left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c using(categories_id) where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$new_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

Find:

$num_new_products = tep_db_num_rows($new_products_query);

if ($num_new_products > 0) {

$new_prods_content = NULL;

while ($new_products = tep_db_fetch_array($new_products_query)) {

Replace With:

if (isset($_SESSION['sppc_customer_group_id']) && $_SESSION['sppc_customer_group_id'] != '0') {
    $customer_group_id = $_SESSION['sppc_customer_group_id'];
  } else {
    $customer_group_id = '0';
  }
  if (($no_of_new_products = tep_db_num_rows($new_products_query)) > 0) {
    while ($_new_products = tep_db_fetch_array($new_products_query)) {
	  $new_products[] = $_new_products;
	  $list_of_prdct_ids[] = $_new_products['products_id'];
	}

$select_list_of_prdct_ids = "products_id = '".$list_of_prdct_ids[0]."' ";
    if ($no_of_new_products > 1) {
      for ($n = 1 ; $n < count($list_of_prdct_ids) ; $n++) {
        $select_list_of_prdct_ids .= "or products_id = '".$list_of_prdct_ids[$n]."' ";
      }
    }
    if ($customer_group_id != '0') {
      $pg_query = tep_db_query("select pg.products_id, customers_group_price as price from products_groups pg where (".$select_list_of_prdct_ids.") and pg.customers_group_id = '".$customer_group_id."'");
	  while ($pg_array = tep_db_fetch_array($pg_query)) {
	    $new_prices[] = array ('products_id' => $pg_array['products_id'], 'products_price' => $pg_array['price'], 'specials_new_products_price' => '');
	  }

for ($x = 0; $x < $no_of_new_products; $x++) {
        if(!empty($new_prices)) {
	      for ($i = 0; $i < count($new_prices); $i++) {
		    if( $new_products[$x]['products_id'] == $new_prices[$i]['products_id'] ) {
			  $new_products[$x]['products_price'] = $new_prices[$i]['products_price'];
		    }
	      }
	    }
      }
    }

$specials_query = tep_db_query("select products_id, specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where (".$select_list_of_prdct_ids.") and status = '1' and customers_group_id = '" .$customer_group_id. "' ");
	while ($specials_array = tep_db_fetch_array($specials_query)) {
	  $new_s_prices[] = array ('products_id' => $specials_array['products_id'], 'specials_new_products_price' => $specials_array['specials_new_products_price']);
	}

if(!empty($new_s_prices)) {
        for ($i = 0; $i < count($new_s_prices); $i++) {
          if( $new_products[$x]['products_id'] == $new_s_prices[$i]['products_id'] ) {
            $new_products[$x]['products_price'] = $new_s_prices[$i]['specials_new_products_price'];
          }
        }
      }
    }

Find:

$new_prods_content .= '    <a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image('images/' . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'itemprop="image"') . '</a>';

Replace With:

$new_prods_content .= '    <a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=' . $new_products[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image('images/' . $new_products[$x]['products_image'], $new_products[$x]['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'itemprop="image"') . '</a>';

Find:

$new_prods_content .= '      <p class="text-center"><a itemprop="url" href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '"><span itemprop="name">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</span></a></p>';

Replace With:

$new_prods_content .= '      <p class="text-center"><a itemprop="url" href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=' . $new_products[$x]['products_id']) . '"><span itemprop="name">' . $new_products[$x]['products_name'] . '</span></a></p>';

Find:

$new_prods_content .= '      <p class="text-center" itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer"><span itemprop="price" content="' . $currencies->display_raw($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '">' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span></p>';

Replace With:

$new_prods_content .= '      <p class="text-center" itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer"><span itemprop="price" content="' . $currencies->display_raw($new_products[$x]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products[$x]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '">' . $currencies->display_price($new_products[$x]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products[$x]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span></p>';

Find:

$new_prods_content .= '          <a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php', tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '" class="btn btn-default" role="button">' . SMALL_IMAGE_BUTTON_VIEW . '</a>';
      $new_prods_content .= '          <a href="' . tep_href_link($PHP_SELF, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '" class="btn btn-success" role="button">' . SMALL_IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY . '</a>';

Replace With:

$new_prods_content .= '          <a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php', tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'products_id=' . $new_products[$x]['products_id']) . '" class="btn btn-default" role="button">' . SMALL_IMAGE_BUTTON_VIEW . '</a>';
      $new_prods_content .= '          <a href="' . tep_href_link($PHP_SELF, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $new_products[$x]['products_id']) . '" class="btn btn-success" role="button">' . SMALL_IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY . '</a>';

Please help