• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Modular Navigation Bar (Bootstrap)

kymation

@@LeeFoster,

Search module can be found here. I hope it helps someone else.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9531

Thanks for this addon.

I need some help beacause I have a curious thing in includes/modules/content/navbar/cm_nb_store_search.php

In public function keys() I have :
$keys[] = 'MODULE_NAVIGATION_BAR_STORE_SEARCH_IMAGE_OR_ICON';
$keys[] = 'MODULE_NAVIGATION_BAR_STORE_SEARCH_MODEL_OR_KEYWORDS';

but I don't see where MODULE_NAVIGATION_BAR_STORE_SEARCH_IMAGE_OR_ICON and MODULE_NAVIGATION_BAR_STORE_SEARCH_MODEL_OR_KEYWORDS are defined.

In the admin, those two lines give me blank lines and two strange input-text, see the attached picture.

I have missing something or there is a mistake in the files ?

post-158549-0-91416500-1488528445_thumb.jpg

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

Another thing :

always in the same file, line 46:

$script .= '<script src="' . tep_href_link('ext/modules/content/header/store_search/content_searches.min.js', null, $request_type) . '"></script>';

I don't find the same path in the zip file, only ext/modules/content/navbar/store_search/content_searches.min.js

And the file content_search.php seems not be using somewhere.

• 1 month later...

@@LeeFoster

@@LeeFoster,

Thanks for this addon.

I need some help beacause I have a curious thing in includes/modules/content/navbar/cm_nb_store_search.php

In public function keys() I have :
$keys[] = 'MODULE_NAVIGATION_BAR_STORE_SEARCH_IMAGE_OR_ICON';
$keys[] = 'MODULE_NAVIGATION_BAR_STORE_SEARCH_MODEL_OR_KEYWORDS';

but I don't see where MODULE_NAVIGATION_BAR_STORE_SEARCH_IMAGE_OR_ICON and MODULE_NAVIGATION_BAR_STORE_SEARCH_MODEL_OR_KEYWORDS are defined.

In the admin, those two lines give me blank lines and two strange input-text, see the attached picture.

I have missing something or there is a mistake in the files ?

these lines are missing :

// model or keywords for additional product search
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Additional Search Field (Keywords needs Header Tags SEO addon)', 'MODULE_NAVIGATION_BAR_STORE_SEARCH_MODEL_OR_KEYWORDS', 'Model', 'Do you want additional product search by Model or Keywords?', '6', '4', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Model\', \'Keywords\'), ', now())");
	// image or icon for products
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Display Image or Icon for Product Search Result', 'MODULE_NAVIGATION_BAR_STORE_SEARCH_IMAGE_OR_ICON', 'Image', 'Do you want to display product image or cart icon for product result?', '6', '5', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Image\', \'Icon\'), ', now())");

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@kymation

Hi Jim

A great couple of modules, Ive been searching for days.

Are you able to tell me please, Because I have so many catagories (about 18) they run of the end on the page. Is there any way of having the dropdown open in say, 3 columns then I would have about 6 catagories in each column.

I think the attached jpg will show what I mean.

Many thanks

Grandpa5987e3ffc0feb_Screenshot-07-Aug-173_51_56PM.thumb.jpg.72d8ca84ebdde240a985be9810a17d40.jpg

Edited by grandpaj

This module won't do multiple columns, and I'm not aware of one that does. Not to say that it's impossible, just that I haven't seen one.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

@kymation

Hi Jim

Thank you for your reply.

In the past I have used the following (De Dokta),but it had limitations on hover, as when you click on a sub catagory when the mouse was moved away, the sub cat still remains, "hiding" any cat it previously covered (hope that makes sense)

Maybe you have a suggestion to help solve this hover problem, or maybe the problem is a conflict with another module.

Many thanks

Grandpa

• 11 months later...

I installed the Categories module and it works, except I have a continually blinking sign next to the link in the navbar.

It rotates between an exclamation point and a question mark, both encased in a circle. 

What is that?

- Andrea

That sounds like the Font Awesome spinner. Some people use it as a "loading" icon. I haven't used it anywhere in this Addon, so I have no idea what is causing it to appear.

Does it disappear if you disable the Categories module?

Regards

Jim

Yes, it disappears when I turn off the categories module.  I don't use the 'spinner' you referred to, don't know what that is.

Since you describe that as a loading icon, I'll tell you that's kind of what I thought it was when I saw it. 

Like it was loading but would never quit.  I have lots of subcats and cats beneath those, so I was very pleased to see them all appear onscreen, like my old Dynamenu behaved back in the day.  But, the spinner thing is a bit alarming and I don't feel comfortable with that appearing onscreen.  I worry why it never stops.

The whole goal of trying this was to see what the categories menu would do.  My old Dynamenu behaved very much like yours did today.  Subcats flying out to the right on mouseover.  I really wish I could get rid of the stock Categories box where you have to click thru everything to get someplace and replace it with something like your module. 

- Andrea

Wanted to add something...

Just noticed the same exclamation point/question mark behavior in the My Account links in the navbar.

The links for Log In and Register have that same thing going on next to them.

And when I run my mouse over Special Offers in the navbar...the link appearing on the bottom of my screen...the mouseover if you will...is mysite.com/specials.html

Fine.  Perfect.

But, the links for both the Categories module and the My Account modules...when moused over...are:

mysite.com/#

Using 2.3.4.1 CE

- Andrea

Spoke too soon.  Apparently, the mysite.com/# is also there with the My Account link in the default navbar.

But, here's what I mean about the funny business of circles swirling and rotating from ! to ?

This is the default navigation bar with My Account installed:

5b593ac928a70_stocknavbar.PNG.4b530df2d308063e767273d270fe8da4.PNG

The icons that should appear, etc.

Here's the My Account box in the modular navigation bar:

5b593b1022186_modnavbar.PNG.36b40dabd0752fcc11d069044ecb0801.PNG

Except those circles are swirling and rotating from exclamation point to question mark and never stop.

Okay, done complaining.  Is this navbar not compatible with the CE version?  Perhaps that's my problem?

- Andrea

38 minutes ago, puggybelle said:

Spoke too soon.  Apparently, the mysite.com/# is also there with the My Account link in the default navbar.

But, here's what I mean about the funny business of circles swirling and rotating from ! to ?

This is the default navigation bar with My Account installed:

5b593ac928a70_stocknavbar.PNG.4b530df2d308063e767273d270fe8da4.PNG

The icons that should appear, etc.

Here's the My Account box in the modular navigation bar:

5b593b1022186_modnavbar.PNG.36b40dabd0752fcc11d069044ecb0801.PNG

Except those circles are swirling and rotating from exclamation point to question mark and never stop.

Okay, done complaining.  Is this navbar not compatible with the CE version?  Perhaps that's my problem?

- Andrea

Modular Navigation Bar sub-modules are using old version of font awesome.  You have to look through module files and change the syntax/style of the icons accordingly:

https://fontawesome.com/how-to-use/on-the-web/setup/upgrading-from-version-4

Best wishes, Eddy

Edited by Moxamint

The mysite.com/# thing is normal. The links are actually Javascript, and that doesn't show up in the browser mouseover. The links should work anyway.

Edit: Beat me to it. Thanks Eddy.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there

@kymation

I use you modular navigation code.. and use the simple drop down categories module.

I am trying to find a way to not show a category in the drop down if there are no products in the category.

I thought that the way to do this must be somewhere in the category class... Would you know how to do this (can it be done) or give me an idea of how.

i know there are contributions for it but they deal with very different code.

many thanks

Doug

I don't have the code available right now, so I can't say for certain, but I don't remember this being built-in. You could check the product count for each category, although this will be slow in a store with a lot of products.

Regards

Jim

On 5/31/2019 at 12:32 AM, kymation said:

I don't have the code available right now, so I can't say for certain, but I don't remember this being built-in. You could check the product count for each category, although this will be slow in a store with a lot of products.

Regards

I got around the checking product numbers by creating an on / off in the categories listing using this addon.

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/318434-contribution-hide-categories-products/?page=1

It means I have to manually turn the category on and off but that is ok

Then all I had to do was in the category class was check if the category was 1 or 0 

if anyone is interested more than happy to share the code.