• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Modular Navigation Bar (Bootstrap)

kymation

Hello,

Thank you very much for this addon.

Is it possible to make the small icons of Cart and My account fixed and not collapsing ? To show only their icons in mobile device and not the text.

Edited by aurelou

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there

been playing with this addon (very nice) thank-you @@kymation

I was wondering if there was a way when it goes to xs to keep the category drop down visible (next to the hamburger button) instead of inside the xs drop down.

Hope that makes sense

Doug

Edited by douglaswalker

I can't think of an easy way to do this right now. The whole navbar system was designed to collapse to the hamburger menu on small screens. This is standard behavior for most of the sites I've seen, so you might confuse your customers if you do something different.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

@@douglaswalker

Hi there

been playing with this addon (very nice) thank-you @@kymation

I was wondering if there was a way when it goes to xs to keep the category drop down visible (next to the hamburger button) instead of inside the xs drop down.

Hope that makes sense

Doug

Doug,

Have you seen this?

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/410387-navbar-button-shown-in-small-view-how-to/?hl=%2Bbrand+%2Bnavbar

Malcolm

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Can someone give me a hand?

Trying to install "Categories Module for Modular Navigation Bar". Copied all the files, installed the module, but they do not appear on the navbar. Apache log does not show any errors.

I am using 2.3.4BS edition.

Couple of things that bother me:

1. docs say "This software requires the Modular Navigation Bar Addon. Install that before
installing this software". I believe BS edition already has this. Am I right or I should be installing this add-on

2. Files are installed under "/modules/content", but there is also "/modules/navbar_modules". Should this functionality really be under navbar_modules?

Thanks,

Rudolf

This Addon was written before the 2.3.4BS navbar was modular, so it needs the Modular Navbar Addon. This is not compatible with the modular navbar that Gary added to 2.3.4BS Edge.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim,

That explains why it does not work.

Unfortunately, Modular Navbar add-on is not compatible with 2.3.4BS EDGE. I guess, I can get it to work, but was wondering if there is an add-on to show categories in menu that works on EDGE?

I really want to add categories to hamburger button to easily show them on mobile devices.

Right at the moment, there is no easy way  to get mobile devices to display categories in user-friendly easy-to-find manner.

Rudolf

@@kymation

I am wanting to use the Navbar Full Categories Menu but when I do, the categories are spaced to far apart. Because they are, they shoot way off the bottom of the page. When I use the Navbar Categories Menu, the categories stop at the bottom of the page like they should.

The Untitled-1.png image is of the Navbar Categories Menu and the Untitled-2.png is of the Navbar Full Categories Menu.

Is they a way for the Navbar Full Categories Menu to be spaced the same as the Navbar Categories Menu?

Take care

Bill

post-330386-0-87687600-1486243027_thumb.png

post-330386-0-32909000-1486243028_thumb.png

Both of the menus can be styled with CSS. The Full menu has additional CSS in includes/modules/content/navbar/templates/cm_nb_categories_full.css. You can override that CSS and/or add more in your user.css.

Regards

Jim

Use the developer tool of your choice (Firebug, etc.) Point your mouse at one of the items in the menu, right click, and click on the Inspect Element link in that menu. The CSS panel will show you the CSS associated with that item. Then you can change the Padding and Margin settings to make it look the way you want.

Regards

Jim

I don't know why the Modular Navbar addon wouldn't be compatible with the current Edge. It probably needs the Compatibility Addon, but most Addons will need that anyway.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim for letting me know about the compatibility addon. I was manually adding definitions as required by plugins I was porting. With this add-on, I made my shop cleaner and more "main stream". Why those definitions were removed in EDGE is beyond me, but this is a separate discussion.

With all definitions in place, categories plugin works fine now.

Rudolf

Rudolf