• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Modular Navigation Bar (Bootstrap)

kymation

@  Boy did I get that wrong. What I meant to type is that, while I do have a module by that name (in the Banner Rotator Content Module package), it does not contain the SQL that you showed. It also works without throwing any errors. I still don't know where your incorrect SQL is.

As to the Generic link, the HTML 5 standard no longer includes a way to direct a link to a new window or tab. You might get it to work, but browser support is not guaranteed.

Regards

Jim

PS It's Greek.

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Most Greeks calls Spiros  :)

Yes, sometimes its confusing, your not the only one.

An addon calls Banner Rotator but in de php files/admin its a categorie banner or a carousel

Why???

Mercedes is a car (brand), i sleep with Mercedes but not with a car.

That's the same, people get confused even when it is simple.

The Error whas caused by my own fingers, hat to change something in /frontpage/templates/cm_fp_carousel.php and took a file with the SAME name in the WRONG folder.

My FAULT, sorry.

But why they have all the same name?

tp_fp_carousel.php for the templates files and cm_fp_carousel.php for the frontpage files is to difficult?

ALL RIGHT I remember, it calls SIMPLICITY  :)  :)  :)

No matter, your addons and manuals are great

regards

Kozak

@  The answer to your first question is Standards. The osCommerce standard for files is to make all of the related files the same name and put them in different folders. Then we can use tricks like

basename(__FILE__)

to reference the other files that are related to the current file. This makes coding simpler and less error-prone.

Your multiple file upload looks interesting, but I have more work than I need right now. I'd rather upload my Modular Product Info page, and some modules for the modular categories page, before I code up anything new.

Regrds

Jim

Yes, true for coding its easier.

the Modular Front Page looks and works good.

I would like that the Banner Rotator are displayed on ALL pages  :)  :)

I used Nivo slider before but can get it working in the BS edition  :(  :(  :(

You already convert a FrankStanza categorie carousel in FP. His new one Category New Products Carousel (bootstrap) works on several pages.

Little work for you to convert this one also to FP.

When I finish my shops I have a surprise for you.

regards

Kozak

• 2 weeks later...

I've uploaded a new version that fixes some bugs in the SQL. If you want to update, replace the module files and then reinstall the modules that you are using.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

this line is in the language file, for the cm_nb_specials.php

define('HEADER_SPECIALS', '<i class="fa fa-fire"></i><span class="hidden-sm"> Special Offers</span>');

but I feel, the language file should only contain

define('HEADER_SPECIALS', 'Special Offers');

everything else should be in the template file ...

I'm sure you understand why

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@@bruyndoncx  I understand, but stock 2.3.4r has this line in the language file so I left it alone. This may get chaged in a later version.

Anybody else have an opinion on this?

Regards

Jim

Hello

Apologies for my ignorance I am just getting back in to setting up a website using osCommerce and I have installed this fantastic mod, what I am wondering is it possible to move this mod to where the breadcrumb one was but leave the original navigation at the top. If I am not wrong I would need to change the group for this addon to "header" but I don't know how to do that.

Also is it possible to amend the background colour and the colour of the text.

Cheers

post-69213-0-31159100-1459628015_thumb.png

You can move it, but it's still coded as a navigation bar, so you will confuse the search engines if not the customers.

You can change the group of any module by simply moving the module file to the correct directory. For example, move the master module in this addon from includes/modules/navigation/ to includes/modules/header/. You will also have to move the corresponding template file and the language file.

The colors are supplied by your theme. There are plenty of themes available if you want to change the color scheme of your site, and there are theme generators so you can create your own theme with your store's colors. See Theme Switcher below for more information and an easy way to change themes.

If you want to change just these colors and not the rest of the theme colors, you can override the theme by adding CSS to your /user.css. I use Firebug in Firefox to find the CSS being used in an element.

Regards

Jim

Thank you, for some reason it appears to be removing the store logo now, so wonder if it may be a case of it needing to be it's own Content Module.

Think I may have to find an alternative way of getting this complete, or try again tomorrow

The navigation bar normally uses 100% of the screen width, so you will probably have to change the template to make itsmall enough to fit next to the logo. If you want it to go below the logo, you may need to set up a new group just below the header.

Regards

Jim

Not off the top of my head, and I don't have the time to look into this further. Sorry, but this is as much as I can do right now.

Regards

Jim

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I dont understand why we needed another navbar when one is included with bootstrap? Whats the difference between this one and the one included?

Youre a great programmer kymation. I hope you continue to keep up the good work and support the community.

@@CGhoST  The navbar in Bootstrap was fixed (no modules) when this one was written. Then Gary decided to go write his own (incompatible) modular version and put it in Edge. So it goes.

Regards

Jim

Hi @ll !

I found this issue with the incompatible Navbars just after two nights working with (or on) the Edge. Now I would not change back to Gold.

So I have adapted Jims Categories-in-Navbar-Menu to work with Garys modular Navbar from Edge.

If anyone is interested I would upload it, if I dont step anyones feet  :- But first I have some questions, for not to upload some buggy stuff:

In the Just-Main-Categories-Menu, the actually chosen Categorie is displayed bold. In the Full-Menu not - is this right ? I think, that something

is going wrong with the category_tree_extended-class  :(

An other issue is the small viewport with the full menu: I cant choose any subcategorie, cause if I tap on  a main categorie, the shop switches 

to this one. Bug or Feature ?  ^_^  While writing this, I came to the result its a Feature, cause I cant get to the main categorie some else...

Ok, but what about the category_tree_extended-class... any clues ?

SEE YA

Denzel.

You can change the appearance of the menu with a bit of CSS. I left that up to the individual user to change if they want.

The full menu is difficult in a small viewport. What you describe is about the only way to make it work. Feel free to improve it if you can; I'd love to see a better implementation.

You're free to upload any new or modified version that you want. I only ask that you give me credit for my original work. Since it's for the current Edge navbar, please create a new Addon for it.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I'll do my very best to improve, but first it had to work correctly... This code:

$full_category_tree->setCategoryPath( $cPath, '<strong>', '</strong>' );

has no effect to the output. The actually choosen categorie has to get the <strong> tags,

but it doesn't do. I think i have it broken... Can you help ?

SEE YA

Denzel.

I believe that you need to set

$full_category_tree->setFollowCategoryPath(true);

I found several things lacking in the Category Tree class. You may have found another. if so, you'll need to modify category_tree_extended (or extend it) to fix the problem.

Regards

Jim

Sometimes things can be so simple... Im not fit in the category-tree-class, but you are right, it works :thumbsup: 

I'll lace it as new Addon. Have made a Github account, but it's so confusing... Maybe Burt find it in the 

addon section if he need something like this  B)  Thank you for help and coding  :lol:

SEE  YA

Denzel.