• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Modular Navigation Bar (Bootstrap)

kymation

This addon is designed to replace the navigation bar on a Responsive osCommerce store with a set of modules. The modules needed to replace the stock navigation bar are included, and additional modules are planned. The goal is to make it possible to change the navigation bar to suit any store without making changes to the core code.

There are no core code changes needed to install these modules. Upload the files according to the instructions in the included User's Manual, then make your changes in your store's Admin.

Addon is here:  http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9440

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I've added a simple Categories Menu module. This adds a Categories Menu dropdown to your store's Navigation Bar. This dropdown contains only the top level categories, so it will fit on all viewport sizes. This will work well for small stores that only have top-level categories, or in cases where the store owner does not
care that subcategories are only listed on the category page.

If you have a store with subcategories and care about them being in the menu, this module is probably not for you.

The module is here:  http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9442

Regards

Jim

On includes/modules/content/navbar/templates/cm_nb_cart.php line 23 there is a typing error:

<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . HEADER_CART_VIEW_CART . '</a></li>

solution:

<li><a href="'<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . HEADER_CART_VIEW_CART ?></a></li>

I've uploaded a new version of the base Modular Navigation Bar Addon. Thanks to @@katapofatico for spotting one of my typos. I think I've fixed everything now, but please post here if you find any more. As always, bug reports are welcome.

Regards

Jim

Thank you Sir, for a great Modular Navigation Bar.

Works straight out of the box and nice clear and concise Users Manual.

It's been ten years since I last did an Osc install so you will have to excuse my ignorance but I've just spent most of the day trying to remove the review button from the standard bootstrap nav bar. I only found your new Mod Nav Bar 40 minutes ago and now it's happy days already.

Thank you.

I've uploaded a new version of the Categories module that shows all categories and subcategories. Subcategories fly out to the right on mouseover, similar to the old Superfish menu. The menu collapses to something similar to the stock osCommerce menu on small viewports.

The original simple menu is still in the package, so you can install and conpare the two. There are screenshots of both versions as well.

Regards

Jim

Don't know how I missed that one. In includes/modules/content/navbar/cm_nb_account.php, find this code on line 37:

public function getOutput() {

and add this just after it:

global $customer_first_name;

That should fix the error. Thanks for the bug report; I'll fix this in the master and release a new version.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
The subcategories of my navbar full categories dropdown menu where too small.

Change in ; includes/modules/content/navbar/templates/cm_nb_categories_full.css

at line 15 :

.dropdown-submenu:hover>.dropdown-menu {

display: block;

}

into :

.dropdown-submenu:hover>.dropdown-menu {

display: table;

}

see screen shots

post-165220-0-53299600-1457367969_thumb.jpg

post-165220-0-45693600-1457367975_thumb.jpg

@  You should add that change to your user.css. Changes in the template file could be overwritten by a future update.

Regards

Jim

Dear Jim,

I have an SQL error with navbar FULL CATEGORIES.

When opening the navbar products and choosing an subcategorie, everything fine.

When opening a product, everything fine.

When opening from the navbar products a categorie, everything is working, except an SQL ERROR MESSAGE :

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_description pd' at line 1

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c, categories c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '31' and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit 9

A limit or error somewhere?

Except that everything seems to be functional

see attached screen shots

Thanks for your kind support

Grtz

Kozak

post-165220-0-66488900-1457368960_thumb.jpg

post-165220-0-27031700-1457369022_thumb.jpg

post-165220-0-90585500-1457369028_thumb.jpg

@  You should add that change to your user.css. Changes in the template file could be overwritten by a future update.

Regards

Jim

Yes Jim, I added .

dropdown-submenu:hover>.dropdown-menu {

display: table;
}

to the user.css and like mostly nothing changed.
Maybe need a manual how to do?
In the OLD TIME OF OSC there where just few css and 99% was in the stylesheet.css. Today we have Bootstrap "SIMPLIFY"  to be readable with xs devices. 
That "SIMPLIFY" is soooooooo COMPLICATED because XXX thousand of css rules are INHERITED and OVERRULED by other css rules.
Most rules I changed in the library of css files did'n change anything because their overruled by bootstrap.min.css.
In other words, iff a rule excist in one or more css file(s) and also in bootstrap.min.css I change the rule in last file, because that works for 100%.

About UPDATES : Never change a winning horse !
I NEVER update whatever that works properly.

Windows, software's, addon's, smartphones, keep it like it is when it's working fine.
Most troubles are after an update.

The ONLY update that was trouble free is my Mercedes.

greets 
Kozak

@  There is nothing in the navbar that calls that SQL. That's something to do with products, while the menu only deals with categories. Check elsewhere in your code for that SQL.

Yes, CSS is complicated. You need to do a bit more to override an existing rule. Try this:

dropdown-submenu:hover>.dropdown-menu {
  display: table !important;
}

You can also be more specific, since CSS will always prefer a more specific rule over a more general rule.

There are many reasons to change something that works. In the case of the old osCommerce jQueryUI, it was because some of the modules we used became proprietary and could not be distributed with any open source program. And the old version no longer worked with the new versions of jQueryUI. And the new jQuery themes didn't work with the old jQuery code. And there were major bugs in the jQueryUI code that will never be fixed. Also it looks like jQueryUI is dying. Enough reasons for you?

Then how about security? Old versions of osCommerce have some of the worst security bugs I've ever seen. You had better update any time one of those is discovered, or you risk losing your entire business.

The reason your Mercedes updates are trouble-free is that you pay lots of money to an expert to keep it updated. You can do that with osCommerce too. Just pay an expert and don't worry about the code. If you want to save money and do it yourself, plan on learning how the software works.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

my wife calls Mercedes  :)  :)  :)

I never buy new cars, I only buy oldtimers.

With ONLY 1 product it should be an product error? 

No error in the productpage ! No error in the subcategoriepage ONLY in the Maincategorie !!

STRANGE.

It's my hobby to strungle with OSC, php, css, jQuery, Java, html, .Net, SQL, 

Learned everything without school and has made lots of nice and good working sites & shops.

Now its time for getting a good base of shop that works nice & smoot on smartphones too.

I'm almost done, just the sql error and a  picturewish

Thanks for your time and help

Kozak

@  It looks like an error in modifying a SQL string. Did you install something that required editing the SQL on that page? Check your edits first.

Regards

Jim

No, this is a clean install, only css mod, navbar, themeswitcher, frontpage, all your stuff I guess.

Then adding the categories and 1 product to do the tests, where i saw this strange error.

ONLY in the maincategorie.

I posted this also in the main forum and Gregely wrote me this ;

pd.products_name products p

change to:

pd.products_name from products p

but no have idea what he means

grtz

kozak 

the limit 9 is typically indicative of a specials module, perhaps one of the new ones added for just the categories pages ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

That's the correct fix for the problem, but first you have to find where the bad code is. I've checked in Modular Front Page and can't find it there. Theme Switcher doesn't do any database calls at all. Sorry, I'm stumped.

Try disabling the modules one at a time and testing each time. If it's in a module that will tell you which one.

Regards

Jim

I don't have a module by that name. If it was coded by someone else, please notify the coder so it can be fixed.

Regards

Jim

Right, it's not yours. 

Maybe your brother or nephew?

Because it's also a Keebaugh.

$Id: cm_fp_carousel.php, v2.0 20160201 Kymation$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

Copyright © 2016 James C Keebaugh

Released under the GNU General Public License v2.0 or later

regards
Kozak