greasemonkey

Oscommerce Affiliate Module - for BS

Hey all, I have been work on modernizing the Affiliate Module for 2.3.1 for 2.3.4 BS found here; http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9171

For those that know me.... I'm not a programmer, but have learned enough to be dangerous.... so feel free to make comments and suggestions.

Because this addon uses its own (affiliate)_application_top's there are not a huge ton of core changes - however I should be able to get this down to just 2 code adds to call the new affiliate_application_top in admin and catalog.

So far I have;

1) almost all catalog pages bootstraped.

2) moved the build a link button from product_info into a _pi_ content module

3) I've added all the sql to the new _pi_ content module

4) bootstrapped the box module

5) fixed some basic "math" issues in the affiliate summary

Can someone suggest best practices for when when creating new tables on a module install?

Currently I have (as an example);

tep_db_query("CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS affiliate_banners (
  affiliate_banners_id int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  affiliate_banners_title varchar(64)  NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  affiliate_products_id int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  affiliate_category_id int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  affiliate_banners_image varchar(64)  NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  affiliate_date_added datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  affiliate_date_status_change datetime DEFAULT NULL,
  affiliate_status int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
  PRIMARY KEY (affiliate_banners_id)
) 
COLLATE='utf8_unicode_ci'");

I am NOT dropping these new tables on "remove" (un-installtion) to prevent loss of affiliate data. Is this a wise idea?

Hello Scott @@greasemonkey,

It's a good idea , but better offer an optional remove function for users who just tried the add-on or wants to remove all for whatever reason.

You can find an example for optional remove the database entries/tables when uninstalling a module in my SPPC Lite Add-On.
Have a look in the store module (includes/modules/content/store/st_wholesale.php):

tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Uninstall Removes Database entries', 'MODULE_STORE_WHOLESALE_REMOVE_DATA', 'False', 'Do you want to remove the wholesale database entries when uninstall the module? (wholesale customers,  wholesale product prices and wholesale attribute prices will be lost)', '6', '2', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");

and:

function remove() {
      if ( defined('MODULE_STORE_WHOLESALE_REMOVE_DATA') && MODULE_STORE_WHOLESALE_REMOVE_DATA == 'True' ) {
      	********'put here your drop table query'***********
        tep_db_query("alter table customers drop `customers_wholesale`");
      	tep_db_query("alter table products drop `products_ws_price`");
      	tep_db_query("alter table products_attributes drop `options_values_ws_price`");
      }
      tep_db_query("delete from configuration where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
    }

Like this the user can choose when he uninstalls the module if he wants to keep the database tables/columns or remove them.

It is based on the discussion and information in the best practice thread:
http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/407530-addon-development-best-practices/?hl=%20best%20%20practice

Here is also a check if a column already exists in a table. Its based on a post Gary @@burt published in the same thread:

if (tep_db_num_rows(tep_db_query("SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_SCHEMA='". DB_DATABASE . "' AND TABLE_NAME='customers' AND COLUMN_NAME LIKE 'customers_wholesale'")) != 1 ) {
      tep_db_query("alter table customers add column `customers_wholesale` CHAR(1) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL");

rgds
Rainer

Edited by raiwa

@@raiwa Hi Rainer, thank you kindly. I was looking for that post....

And thank you for that advise.

I have added your suggestion in to the box module - to add the required tables on install and remove if only if configuration set to true on remove

I have also removed the configuration_group and added all configurations to the content module.

Tell me does this make sense?

In the content module I have all the configurations

In the box module I have all the tables being added

The only reason why I did this is.... if I use this;

tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Un-install Removes Database entries', 'MODULE_BOXES_AFFILIATE_REMOVE_DATA', 'False', 'Do you want to remove the Affiliate database entries with un-install? (ALL affiliate date will be lost!!!)', '6', '2', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");

AND all the module configurations

tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Display Module', 'MODULE_CONTENT_PRODUCT_INFO_BUILDALINK_STATUS', 'True', 'Activate wish list module?', '6', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_CONTENT_PRODUCT_INFO_BUILDALINK_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '6', now())");
      tep_db_query("INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('E-Mail Address', 'AFFILIATE_EMAIL_ADDRESS', 'Enter Email Address', 'The E Mail Address for the Affiliate Program', 0, 1, NULL, now())");
      tep_db_query("INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Affiliate Pay Per Sale Payment % Rate', 'AFFILIATE_PERCENT', '10.0000', 'Percentage Rate for the Affiliate Program', 0, 2, NULL, now())");
      tep_db_query("INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Payment Threshold', 'AFFILIATE_THRESHOLD', '50.00', 'Payment Threshold for paying affiliates', 0, 3, NULL, now())");
      tep_db_query("INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Cookie Lifetime', 'AFFILIATE_COOKIE_LIFETIME', '7200', 'How long does the click count (seconds) if customer comes back', 0, 4, NULL, now())");
      tep_db_query("INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Billing Time', 'AFFILIATE_BILLING_TIME', '30', 'Orders billed must be at least 30 days old.<br>This is needed if a order is refunded', 0, 5, NULL, now())");
      tep_db_query("INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Order Min Status', 'AFFILIATE_PAYMENT_ORDER_MIN_STATUS', '3', 'The status an order must have at least, to be billed', 0, 6, NULL, now())"); 
      tep_db_query("INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Pay Affiliates with check', 'AFFILIATE_USE_CHECK', 'true', 'Pay Affiliates with check', 0, 7, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
      tep_db_query("INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Pay Affiliates with PayPal', 'AFFILIATE_USE_PAYPAL', 'true', 'Pay Affiliates with PayPal', 0, 8, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
      tep_db_query("INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Individual Affiliate Percentage', 'AFFILATE_INDIVIDUAL_PERCENTAGE', 'true', 'Allow per Affiliate provision', 0, 9, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
      tep_db_query("INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Use Affiliate-tier' , 'AFFILATE_USE_TIER', 'false', 'Multilevel Affiliate provisions', 0, 10, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
      tep_db_query("INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Number of Tierlevels', 'AFFILIATE_TIER_LEVELS', '0', 'Number of Tierlevels', 0, 11, NULL, now())");
      tep_db_query("INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Percentage Rate for the Tierlevels', 'AFFILIATE_TIER_PERCENTAGE', '8.00;5.00;1.00', 'Percent Rates for the tierlevels<br>Example: 8.00;5.00;1.00', 0, 12, NULL, now())");
      tep_db_query("INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Affiliate News', 'MAX_DISPLAY_AFFILIATE_NEWS', '3', 'Maximum number of items to display on the Affiliate News page', 0, 12,  NULL, now())");

I feel the button to remove could easily be looked over - and or mistakenly used.

@@dixiegiftshop @@discxpress I have a set of files.... but no instructions so I have not released as an addon.

Most/Many of the core changes are no longer required.... However there still are a few which you could compare to my files (which have other mods... so be careful!!!). Feel free to PM me your email address....