• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2.3.4.BS layout question

Hi,

I just moved my webshop from 233 to 234. It started as 2.? in 2007

While I'm at it, moving to 234BS seems next. 

The webshop is standard, only a different skin. And that only are colors and the thing I can't find to do it proper, is the title/logo bar.

I want that on top, as in here: http://www.mgcn.nl/clubwinkel/  

here my test 234BS shop. http://www.mgcn.nl/cw/

From the past I have learnt that hacking php files to get things done isn't best, next update you have to do it all over.   

So is there a way to get the header on top as in my sample? 

Hello Paul @@pauldaytona,

In: Admin => Modules => Content =>  Logo  in  [Header Group] => Set width to "12"

Then in user.css add the following and change #000000 to your orange logo background.

#storeLogo {
  background-color: #000000;
}

You may need also to add a width value  in % for img  stylesheet

Didn't try but could be

#storeLogo img{
  width: 25%;
}

Thanks, the logo bar is now left to right, the img width made the logo go wrong with sizing the site small.

add height with the same %

Only left, can I get the logo on top of the navigation bar?

before navbar is not easy. you wold need some additional code changes in the logo header module and template_top and create a new content module group.

raiwa, 

the height doesn't make it better, best works without it. Only at small with, the background I use doesn't scale, where the logo does. But that is on smartphone size.  I use an 1px width image for that

#storeLogo {

background-image: url(images/mgcn-header-bg.png);

}

The logo not on top is a bigger problem.  Can't think I'm the only one wanting a  header above the shop. It wasn't hard in the old version. I have forgotten what I have done for it, but overwriting everything with new code during upgrade didn't change it.

Hello Paul @@pauldaytona,

If you can't get the logo show as you wish with stylesheets, you can always create the logo image in the desired size and proportion including the additional orange background.

To show the logo before the navbar do the following:

- In Admin => modules => content, uninstall the header logo module ("header" group)

- In: includes/modules/content, create a new folder called "headerlogo" and inside that folder another called "templates"

- move the file: includes/modules/content/header/cm_header_logo.php into the new folder "headerlogo"

- move the file: includes/modules/content/header/templates/logo.php into the new folder "headerlogo/templates"

- do the same in your language folder(s), no templates folder here, only header/cm_header_logo.php

- open: includes/template_top.php

- find:

<?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('navigation'); ?>

and paste BEFORE:

<div class="modular-header">
  <?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('headerlogo'); ?>
</div>

<div class="clearfix"></div>

- In Admin => modules => content install the header logo module (now it should appear as "headerlogo" group)

this should do it.

regards

Rainer

@@raiwa,

Thanks for the great help, it was spot on.

I edited the language box out of the navigation bar, one currency, one language, then it's not needed. 

For my understanding, why had 

to be added, it wasn't above inserted code. 

Now I have to find a moment to merge this with the live shop. 

the 2.3.4. BS shop is online, few hours work. 

One table was missing categories_description field. Why it wasn't a problem in 2.3.4? It was not in the sql I had to import to switch to BS.  But anyway, solved.

Thanks for the support and making the software. 

For my understanding, why had 

to be added, it wasn't above inserted code.

This is needed to reset floats if used in the new module area. Not needed for your store, but makes it more stable and versatil if another module would be added to that area.

See here:

http://getbootstrap.com/css/#helper-classes-clearfix

• 1 year later...

Archived