• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Online Dispute Regulations (ODR)

14steve14

I have just been looking online about these new EU Regulations. More information can be found here

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/1392/pdfs/uksi_20151392_en.pdf

I do believe that the introduction date has been moved forward one month, but may be wrong.

How many EU based businesses even know about there regulations and what they are supposed to do. It would appear that its not hard to comply if you read the following

New Rules – ODR Platform

From 15 February 2016, and in addition to the above ADR requirements, the new rules requires every online trader and marketplace established in the EU to provide a link on their website to the ODR Platform.

The ODR rules do not require online traders to use ADR (whether through the ODR Platform or not), but the information about the ODR Platform must be given nonetheless. Again, it appears that the idea is to try to ‘shame’ online traders into using the ODR Platform.

In addition, if an online trader is required to give the information referred to in paragraph 2 above regarding the ADR Regulations, the online trader must:

We suspect many traders may fail to comply with these new ODR rules in time (which may ultimately attract the attention of Trading Standards or the CMA), but when they do take notice the rules should prompt brands to reconsider whether they have the right balance between defending claims and brand protection.

a. provide a link to the ODR Platform in any offer made to a consumer by email; and

b. inform the consumer of i) the existence of the ODR Platform and ii) the possibility of using the ODR platform to resolve disputes.

How many people are now going to alter their terms and conditions and add the following link http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 3 months later...

Archived