osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

firstbizsoft

Hi all,

Give me this error

There was a problem importing the database. The following error had occured:

Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Please verify the connection parameters and try again.

when I try install the oscommerce 2.3.4BS by Garry on my hostinger.es account.

Pls help me.

Regards

Are you trying to import an older store's data into the current osC? It sounds like a column was added to the database definition some time between the two. Normally you would upgrade an old database step by step to bring it into compatibility with the new store's database layout. If you can tell us what the old store was running at, someone can give you the steps. It is quite possible to manually edit the .sql or .csv file to add or change fields so it can be imported.

I created a new database then I import the oscommerce.sql from install folder.

Don't give me any error.

When I point in my browser http:// mysite.com/install, in the step 1 I introduce the database name, pass etc, and when I click to go to the second step give me this error.

So this is a fresh install with the sample store merchandise? Are you sure you're using the oscommerce.sql that came with 2.3.4BS and not one from 2.3.4 (or an earlier version)? They're different. Doesn't the install do all this for you -- why did you manually import the oscommerce.sql file?

I deleted the database. Created new one. And I'am sure using the the oscommerce.sql that came with 2.3.4BS and not one from 2.3.4 (or an earlier version). And still give me the same error.

What I did wrong?

The hosting name is hostinger.es

Why are you importing the database and then running the installer? The installer should be handling the DB import. Try emptying out all the tables in the database and try the install again. I think you will still need to manually create an empty database.

Archived