Jack_mcs

Upgrading to the latest version

1 hour ago, Heatherbell said:

The Phoenix Club is the Phoenix community.

I hope that's not the the entire community, as it is a small exclusive group that, from what I've read automatically drops people after a couple of months.

osCommerce has not been updated in years.

I know.. Still, to me Phoenix is a much needed visual update of osCommerce with PHP 7 support, rather than a different product. The file structure is the same, database is largely the same, etc. I could be wrong, that's just my own lowly opinion, whatever that's worth.

Evidently not restricted as you have found my work on github.

You are right, it is not restricted, just not readily available here. I couldn't find any upgrade information on this site/forum, and it seemed odd to me, hence I was just trying to give feedback, maybe even help others that may find themselves in my situation. In any case, I am sorry if my post irritated anyone, especially people that contribute their time and expertise to this product. It wasn't my intention at all.

Edited by philip71

23 hours ago, philip71 said:

I hope that's not the the entire community, as it is a small exclusive group that, from what I've read automatically drops people after a couple of months.

I know.. Still, to me Phoenix is a much needed visual update of osCommerce with PHP 7 support, rather than a different product. The file structure is the same, database is largely the same, etc. I could be wrong, that's just my own lowly opinion, whatever that's worth.

You are right, it is not restricted, just not readily available here. I couldn't find any upgrade information on this site/forum, and it seemed odd to me, hence I was just trying to give feedback, maybe even help others that may find themselves in my situation. In any case, I am sorry if my post irritated anyone, especially people that contribute their time and expertise to this product. It wasn't my intention at all.

I have found using a file comparison utility quite helpful. My favorite is Beyond Compare.

https://www.scootersoftware.com/

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore