• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I have the latest bootstrap oscommerce version and I have found I cannot rename admin. This website was made by copying another of my (relatively blank) bootstrap oscommerce sites but I want to change the name of admin. I changed the admin/includes/configure.php file (and it definitely all said the right thing) and renamed the admin folder to what I wanted. When I navigate there with the browser, the site just goes to the front page of the website, it won't navigate to the new admin folder.

Any ideas what may cause this?

If you're starting with a stock osCommerce, it's best to just use the osCommerce installer. It should set everything correctly in both configure.php files. If you want, you can then copy over any of your changed files on top of the stock files.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

In the process of copying your old site, did you copy over anything for password-protected access control for admin? Maybe you've got something in .htaccess and related files still set up for the old site.

If you copied over an old .htaccess file, and it has path names (including the revised admin name) that are applicable only to the old system, and not the new, then there might be problems when you try to access the new admin. That's just one of the things you need to check. You should also check your directory and file permissions (777 and 666 are usually no-no's). Is your new system a different level of OS, Apache, PHP, etc.? Maybe there's an incompatibility with something that worked on the old system but won't now work on the new one (e.g., Options -Indexes in the .htaccess no longer allowed). Maybe even a file was damaged (empty, corrupted, incomplete) during transfer. Lots of things to go over with a fine-toothed comb.

@@Sam-AUST Try renaming the admin/.htaccess file to something else to see if you can get in. If you can, then the problem is with that file or the path it uses. If not, it is something else. Be sure to rename the file back to the original.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi guys, it seemed to be connected to a folder under .htpasswds that was still named after the old admin, once i changed that to the new name, everything started working. Thank you for the help, it is always much appreciated.

Archived