• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Content of new_products and upcoming_products.

Hi Community,

I just have reinstalled OSC 2.3.4 importing all tables beginnig with "products..." in to the new database from an old.2.2. version

Everything seems to be there, where it should be.

I just have follwing problem:

New_Products in January shows products that will be released later.

Upcoming_products shows products that are released in January as well.

Isn't it that New_Products in January only should show products that were released or will be relased in January.

Upcoming_products should show products with a release date from February?

What could have been broken in my import?

Thank you.

Laszlo

Before you get too far along, you should start over with the BS version.

You are too late, I am almost finished. I just had to be compatible with the PHP version of my hoster. Now i am.

THe most important thing for me, was not to break the products links for which I have thousands of deep links in the main web page...

Your version isn't mobile-ready and that is becoming more and more important in todays web so you may want to reconsider.

But as to your problem, the new products module should only show active products. I don't recall if the code checks if a product has a future date,though apparently it doesn't. The code would have to be changed for that. The upcoming products should only show products that have a future date. If you have altered either module then that might be the cause. You could also verify a product that is showing when it shouldn't has the correct settings in admin, like a future date. I assume you have done this from your post but maybe not. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived