• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Express skips checkout_confirmation.php

I think Harold created this module for 2.3 and made it compatible with 2.2

It works in 2.2 but it skips checkout_confirmation.php page so you go directly after the checkout_payment.php to paypal, you can cancel and return to the payment page or you can pay and return to the success page, but unfortunately it skips the confirmation page. I think it will work in 2.3 

Edited by francois01

• 2 weeks later...

The manual says...

Order Processing

The Express Checkout module has been developed to have the customer return back to the store to finalize their order on the checkout confirmation page. This allows the correct order totals and taxes to be shown for confirmation and for additional checks to be added before the order is processed (eg, agree to terms checkbox).

Are you saying that it doesn't do that?

Dan

Yep, that doesn't happen with PP Express, at least it didn't happen in my store. After payment was done it redirected to the checkout success page.

Besides what good would it do to return to the confirmation page once payment was made? Even if you really should find something wrong in your order you won't be able to do anything except to contact the store owner.

Edited by Tsimi

@@Tsimi

A moot point but looking at the code it does seem to go to checkout_confirmation.php where it does some checking (shop side stuff) and if everything is in order it redirects to checkout_success.php.

Dan