• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Some Bootstrap questions

Hi,

Double post, but this one is the correct place i believe for the bootstrap gold version. 2.3.4

My questions.

1: Product Page sort list or grid, when pressing grid it jumps back to homepage.

2 :Speaking about the boxes, how can i change the colors, in 2.3.4. i had the standaard blue boxes.

Can change it with some code in user.css like under here, but do i put all in or only some parts.

.panel-default>.panel-heading{

1. color#333;
  2. background-color#f5f5f5;
  3. border-color#ddd;

} 

3: How can i change the width of the left column boxes, the standard categories box is a 2 or 3 letters to small for some of the categories names. ? Normaly i use the enhanced categories contri but it's nog in BS so no template etc. But when i use the included categories, the text is wrapped to extra line.

4: http://www.fotomeinema.nl/shop/catalog/foto-papier-c-400.html- is this a alignment problem because of the pictures and how to fix it.

5 :

In product_info.php i had the code of 

<div class="contentContainer">
  <div class="contentText">
  <div style="border-bottom:1px dotted #020202; margin-bottom:10px;">
  <h1 style="padding-bottom:5px;"> <?php echo $products_name; ?></h1>
  <p><span style="color:#020202">Prijs :  </span><span style="color:#020202; font-size:16px;
  font-weight:bold;"><?php echo $products_price; ?></span></p>
</div>

<?php
// QUANTITY AVAILABLE 
if($product_info['products_quantity']>0 ) {
echo TEXT_PRODUCT_STOCK_LEVEL . (($product_info['products_quantity'] > 0) ? ' (' . $product_info['products_quantity'] . ')' : '');
}
elseif ($product_info['products_quantity']<=0 ) {
echo TEXT_PRODUCT_STOCK_LEVEL . (($product_info['products_quantity'] <=0) ? ' (' . TEXT_OUT_OF_STOCK_LEVEL . ')' : '');
}
?>

How can i get this to work with BS Gold. in the new file there is only the two lines of container. 
This code gives me the display of quantity on stock and a nice stripe between the titel en product description.
If i put only the code of quantity in it, it will display it but alignment is not good, text is also above and below the image.

6 :

I had in my contact us page also a subject line normally, after BS Gold is that gone.

But when i put in the contact_us the code.

<div class="form-group has-feedback">
      <label for="inputFromSubject" class="control-label col-xs-3"><?php echo ENTRY_SUBJECT; ?></label>
      <div class="col-xs-9">
        <?php
        echo tep_draw_input_field('subject', NULL, 'required aria-required="true" id="inputFromSubject" placeholder="' . ENTRY_SUBJECT . '"');
        echo FORM_REQUIRED_INPUT;
        ?>
      </div>
    </div>

It will give me a subject line on the contact form, but when send it's empty. So i'm missing something.

Greetings, Anne

website - www.fotomeinema.nl

You can look through the bootstrap customizer http://getbootstrap.com/customize/ which isnt' too hard if you understand what you are doing.  Start wth a test site and play with some changes.  It will make a custom css for you.  Read through and understand how bootstrap is used in osc.  It takes a little time but isn't too hard.

I'm not really a dog.

Hi,

Point 1: Solved of Grid/List View

In module ht_grid_list_view.php there is a line :

$oscTemplate->addBlock('<script src="ext/jquery/cookie.js"></script>' . "\n", $this->group);

Apperently i didn't have a cookie.js in that directory. So did some googleing... and found a CDN link to use. So i changed it to. :

$oscTemplate->addBlock('<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery-cookie/1.4.1/jquery.cookie.js"></script>'. "\n", $this->group);

And now the grid/view list works. Hope this is a little bit the good way to do it.

Greetings, Anne

Point 3 - Solved

After a hour or so thinking and trying. I have managed to upgrade the Enhanced Categories Contribution to 2.3.4BS Gold.

Made a template enhanced_categories.php with

<div class="panel panel-default">
<div class="panel-heading"><?php echo MODULE_BOXES_ENHANCED_CATEGORIES_TITLE; ?></div>
<div class="panel-body"><?php echo $categories_string; ?></div>
</div>

and in the module file bm_enhanced_categories.php i changed the divclass calls, and added the template call.

$output = '<div class="panel panel-default">' .
              '  <div class="panel-heading">' . MODULE_BOXES_ENHANCED_CATEGORIES_BOX_TITLE . '</div>' .
              '  <div class="panel-body">' . $categories_string . '</div>' .
              '</div>';

ob_start();
      include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'boxes/templates/enhanced_categories.php');
      $data = ob_get_clean();

Greetings, Anne

Hi,

Point 2 - Fixed, some work and figuring out but edited a few settings in de bootstrap css files and changed some colors.

Point 6 - Fixed, by a dumb own fault, upgrading off captcha i deleted a few lines that where important..

Greetings, Anne

Archived