• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to transfer/copy parts of configuration DB file

Hi

I am wanting to just copy and or, transfer a few lines of code from an existing DB(Mysql) to another DB (Not the whole configuration file).Is this possable and how is it done.

Many thanks

Grandpa

I'm not sure what you mean by a few lines of code. You can create a backup of a particular table and then load that into the other DB. But the table in the second DB would have to be dropped. Or, if it has the same structure, you could just backup the data and then import that, as long as there are not duplicates. There may be better ways to do what you want but you will need to describe what you want to do in more detail.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs

Hi Jack

Many thanks for your response.

Whats happened is that I have installed SiteMonitor satisfactorily on my dev site, then went to insatll on my live site, but had trouble (again) with the installing the Sitemonitor DB. so Im trying to just import the few lines of the configuration file in my DB from my dev site into the configuration file of my live site.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Grandpa

SiteMonitor doesn't use the database so there's nothing you need to do for that. The settings are stored in a file. You can copy that file but the path would be wrong so it is best, in my opinion, to just upload a new set of files and let the program figure out the path. Then adjust the settings to however you want. Or use the file from the test location if you want but be sure to change the path in the settings.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs

Hi Jack

My sincere apologies I should have said Site Map not Site Monitor.

It was just that I tried to install Site Map into my live site after having a "test" run with my dev sight, but got the same installing messages as before. I tried the install .. sitemap_seo_install.php that didn't work so I tried ..sitemap_seo_install.php?reset, but alas this time it didn't work,    (still get this Warning: mysqli_query(): Empty query in /home/grandp/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 50
0 -

[TEP STOP]  )

So I thought if I could just copy over the relative part of the configuration from the working DB it might all work.

Hope this all makes sense, again my apologies.

Many thanks

Grandpa

@@Jack_mcs

Hi Jack

On running the uninstall I get

Warning: require(includes/column_left.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/grandp/public_html/sitemap_seo_uninstall.php on line 51

Warning: require(includes/column_left.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/grandp/public_html/sitemap_seo_uninstall.php on line 51

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/column_left.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/grandp/public_html/sitemap_seo_uninstall.php on line 51

I haven't done anything that I'm aware of to create this problem

Look forward to your response

Cheers

Grandpa

The uninstall file still has pre-2.3 code in it, thus those errors. The actual deletion should have still been done. Please try the install file and see what happens.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs

Many thanks for your continuing help.

I have no sitemap seo files installed anywhere.

I have done the uninstall as suggested (twice just to try and make sure.

I have done an install didn't work

I have done install.php?reset still no go

Goodness knows whats gone wrong this time

Warning: mysqli_query(): Empty query in /home/XXXX/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 50
0 -

[TEP STOP]

Many thanks

Kind regards

Grandp

Archived