• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Account /orders problem

Hi

We seem to have an intermittent problem.

Occasionally, when someone creates an account then goes to makes a purchase, the account is created but when the order is made the order process email arrives, but the order doesn't appear in the admin area or under orders.

This is only an occasional problem, ans most frustrating, anyone got any ideas what I could do to sort this.

Many thanks

Grandpa

You need to look at what is in common with when this happens.  You may be able to get clues in you error log but look at the products order and attributes to see if there is a common item.  If you have different payment methods or shipping methods. It could be something as simple as something you've put in your product title or the like.  Way back when I started I had some glitches with product tittles and descriptions. 

Having the error log run at E_ALL, but not outputing to screen can be helpful in finding clues.  Some errors will only be a notice or warning level but cause something not to work correctly.  The problem is there are a lot of those lower level errors with some addons that need to be cleaned up or there's a lot to sort through.

I'm not really a dog.

I've heard of this problem with PayPal and similar payment systems, where the customer fails to follow instructions and does not return to the store after payment, but instead goes off to other pages (thinking they're done once PayPal tells them they've been charged for the purchase). I think some things were done in recent osC versions to minimize the problem, but I don't know if there's a foolproof way to get the customer to come back to complete the transaction. Anyway, that's a possibility for why some, but not all, orders fail.

@@grandpa This is a common problem with older paypal modules. If all of the failures are for orders made with paypal, then installing the paypal app should fix it. If you are already using the paypal app or the orders were paid for with some other module, then installing the app won't help.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi guys

Again thank you for your help. The payment module I use is DPS PxPay v1.6

Given that the problem is very intermittent, it semms rather strange. Maybe there is an update tot his module somewhere.

Many thanks

Grandpa

Try making a small order yourself (as a new customer). If it's possible to go away from your store after completing the payment, and not return to your store to wrap up the purchase, that could be what's happening for some customers. In that case, it's not a problem (intermittent or otherwise) with osC, but a problem with customers incapable of following instructions. Maybe something could be added to osC to REMIND CUSTOMERS THAT THEY NEED TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS TO RETURN TO THE STORE AFTER COMPLETING THEIR PAYMENT. A modal pop-up reminding them (before going off to the payment service) could do the trick.

Archived