• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2.3.3.2 to 2.3.3.3 caused issues

Jams

Hi people,

A friend of mine asked for help upgrading his OSCommerce to the latest version.  This means 2.3.3 to 2.3.4.

So, after looking around, I see it requires multple steps.  Namely, 2.3.3 -> 2.3.3.1 -> 2.3.3.2 -> 2.3.3.3 -> 2.3.3.4 -> 2.3.4

I downloaded each of these, opened up the first upgrade and see it only has a few file updates.  So thats what I do.. I upload the new "Catalog" over the old one, which should give me the new version.

And it does.  Version now upgraded to 2.3.3.1.  So I open the second.  Same deal, uploaded the files and all is good.

Then comes 2.3.3.3 - and issues.  Again, the pdf file just lists files that have changed.  There is no instructions to follow, nor any mention of database changes or how to accomplish them.

So, I upload the catalog folder, and boom.  Issues.

First, a DB issue for a configuration2_group table.  I copied the configuration_group table, putting a 2 at the end of each field with 2 at the end.

Good, no more DB error, but now...

1) On the admin screen at the top:  "Warning: usort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 51"

2) All headers on the left column are "BOX_HEADING_PAGES", etc.  The nice CSS menus are gone.

3) Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in column_left.php on line 62

So, what are the STEPS I should be following to go from one version to the next?  Is there an upgrade script to run after uploading files?  I've looked in the release notes pdf for each upgrade, and none of them give me a process.

Please point a guy in the right direction??

Thanks!!

Ok, new info...

The issue was a file in the "admin/includes/boxes" folder called "pages.php".  This is the only file in the whole install that tries to read from the configuration2 folder.  I went into this file and commented out the content completely (en leu of removing the whole file, just in case). and all of the ERRORS went away.  I am still wondering why, though, I have a bunch of literals (BOX_HEADING_PAGES) instead of the proper translation...

Anyone?

@@Jams those 2 files are not part of oscommerce. You are probably dealing with a template purchased from a vendor.

You may find yourself with more trouble.

That said there are detailed line by line instructions included in all the update packs. You will have to look closely through those. Although they will not, obviously, cover how to update non-stock files.

Archived